PDA

View Full Version : Toy merchandising

dork86
15-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Hi

To create a merchandising company which provides the resources like consultancy to new and existing onliners (ebay and amazon) and to retail shops eventually up to the manfactures
With fairs, festivals, events, auctions and the likes an all in kind of package.
I am looking for individuals who either have a passion for diecast models or certanly for toys.
The company would handle product dispalys both online and in the physical evironment i.e shops, festival and events and the likes or simply offer the client consultancy advice.
The client would simply contract out the sevices for a fee a possibly a small percentage (<50%.
please let me know if either you have a comment or would like to be part of it.
Also please note that it would be sucidal in the current cliamte to go a head so this is currently a long term project. I.E when the market improves.

Thanks
RJ

m8internet
15-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Seems pointless to me given the margins retailers work to
Most suppliers work directly with retailers

Most exhibitions already have either the main maufacturers or selected retailers

Eagle
16-08-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't quite understand the post?...

m8internet
16-08-2008, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Eagle
I don't quite understand the post?

dork86 (RJ) is looking to setup as an intermediary between supplier and retailer
This may work in other sectors, but not in this one as this is a very small market; suppliers and retailers are in direct contact

Eagle
16-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Ah. Thanks for that. :)

Mark

m8internet
16-08-2008, 04:23 PM
So lets say you are a small home manufacturer

You then send them a number of samples, which they display on your behalf
They take orders, send the orders to you, and invoice you for the commission

Equally, the same model applies to retailers
They attend the exhibition on your behalf, with your stock
However, some retailers may see that as high risk, but very beneficial if they are not able to attend or in a different country, and so on