PDA

View Full Version : My Idea,Funding Under 18 and Press release and contacts help.

girlord
14-07-2008, 10:48 PM
My business is an online targeted advertising company which pays its users to watch adverts i.e 10 mins of ads you are interested in gets you 2.
We hope to expand to offer our users oppourtunities to make cash through:
* having their own minisite if they have their own niche sites
*Offering music and movies that you get paid for in a similar way
* having ads in their toolbar/ when they open their e-mail login to facebook etc
*Allowing users to make their own channels combining movies/ads/music

I am however 16 and am having slight trouble getting funding (around 20-30k needed intially but first year turnover 44k) and dont know how to find private investors if banks wont lend

Also I would like to know if its worth writing a press release yet - spin on my age and trying to help change peoples fortunes in the economic downturn

Also as targeting sole comppanies wasnt working im trying media agencies w/ e-mail and info pack is this right should i contact anyone else and should i wait till i have more clients signed up before i start marketing to the public

***I HAVE ATTACHED MY AD AGENCY INFO PACK***(not necessary to read)
Sorry its so long.

girlord
15-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Princes trust have basically ignored my e-mail.
Also one of the agencies I contacted when I followed it up (and it wasnt big/well known like saatchi and saatchi) asked what involment i would like and then said we have a lot of people offering us types of media all we can say is we have your pack on our files.

Is this a No?

EDIT:-Also as my business model pays the general public what steps can i take to ensure they believe their is no scam involved when i market do i just have to tell them the whole business model or what?

Incepto
16-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I'd leave the Press Release to a later date. You should concentrate on getting the business ready to launch first. When it's nearer that stage you can start putting your marketing plan into action.

By all means, get the marketing/PR planned in as much detail as you like, but I wouldn't start any of it yet, as you'll find so much will change between now and the launch date that you'll just have to rework everything.

nickt
18-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi There,

To be honest I'm not convinced by this and also a little confused...are you showing standard banner ads or are you thinking more video led creative? I don't think any advertiser will have a banner ad that lasts a minute, they are usually around 10 sec long and rotate the message.

Nick

girlord
19-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by nickt
Hi There,

To be honest I'm not convinced by this and also a little confused...are you showing standard banner ads or are you thinking more video led creative? I don't think any advertiser will have a banner ad that lasts a minute, they are usually around 10 sec long and rotate the message.

Nick
Video flv ads like you get on television i am aware these are around 30 sec but i put the rate at 1 minute as it is easy to calculate and would be uploaded om stock...i.e i have on 30 sec advert ill upload an hours worth it cost 60

girlord
03-08-2008, 08:37 PM
im thinking of adding music and video right from the go so there is more content than just ads and it has more of a community feel i would need to outreach to upcoming musicians and moviemakers which im not sure of ..go to a film fest maybe?
please help.
also am i able to post my market research questionnaires here.

TVC
06-08-2008, 10:06 AM
as some have mentioned earlier you need to phone people rather than e-mail, as emails can be ignored whereas phoning them makes it very difficult for them to ignore you!

I applied for princes trust online, and when I heard nothing, I phoned them, turns out they hadnt got any info about me through the website, but its all workin out ok, I go to panel next week.... scary!

So yeh make yourself known about, pick up the phone, do not hide behind your computer! it gets easier the more you do it!