PDA

View Full Version : Motivation and self help

Mattkendallhypnosis
04-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Hey all

I have been thinking about doing some corporate work in regards to motivation and stress management. I have reseached a LOT when it comes to these things and a lot of what is being taught is very ineffective.

I know that I am able to increase someone's productivity and lower their stress levels, and I can even do this in a group setting.

I have seen so many NLP type of motivational speakers, and it just makes me cringe. I won't get into a rant about NLP, but it is flawed in soooo many areas. A lot of NLP is about getting you over a problem by colapsing anchors or changing the symptom, it doesn't actually address the problem. Rant over (for now).

The stuff I am learning about is how the actual brain works and in co-ordination with the body. I study how people construct problems and the lengths they go to avoid them.

Infact if there is a small business, or even sole trader on here based in Manchester who is interested in this, I will give a session free of charge. I might even do a group session in my office at some point, but I would like to work with a small number to start with.

If you are interested in becoming more productive, or if you have a team and you want to motivate them, I want to hear from you. Just email me or message me though this forum.

Also has anyone ever been to see a motivational speaker, if so what impact did they have on your life? Has anyone been to a Tony Robbins? I have several friends who have been to events like that, they feel great for about 2 days and then seem to slump very quickly afterwards.

All feedback much appreciated

Matt