PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

organicskincare
05-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Hello All!

I was wondering if anyone could help with our website.

We have been running a successful shop for many years, and earlier this year decided to open an on line shop also.

Some customers have been reporting to us that the website does not work? when they try to buy items, or checkout they get error messages? I have tried this in both Firefox and IE but it works for me?

Also, Google Analytics say we have about 106 Absolute Unique Visitors per day, however the conversion rate to sales is very low, maybe around 1% - any ideas how to increase this?

What's peoples ideas on the design?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ohh - our site address is www.franskincense.co.uk

jiffywebdesign
05-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi

Email me at us@obvious.ie, might be able to help you increase your conversation rate.

Cheers!

bill mccallum
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
a couple of issues...I'm not a designer, so my comments are based on my own perspective...

The site is a little lacklustre, no real sparkle or USP, other than the organic aspect of the products, not really a lot to inspire me to keep looking.

Only 6 products to buy, average price @ 10 for 30g jar, I'm old and male, so the products don't grab me, maybe a female perspective would be better.

Some affiliate links to other product suppliers might be useful, igf you can't get sales with your products, why not others see

http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/AffilateProgramme.asp
http://www.dermex.co.uk/affiliates/index.php
http://www.affiliatemarketing.co.uk/affiliates.html

mrleesimpson
05-05-2008, 04:08 PM
I've sent you an email Hope its of some help.

leejames04
05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Ok some of the ideas I am going to post would probably mean a whole website redo but it might be worth it.

This is mainly a flash based website but I think it would be good.

First of all a flash Nav Bar that is a bit more promminent.

Also a flash box with "Whats Hot" which has a transition to different products that are selling well (with links) if you go to www.orange.co.uk there is a box along those lines.

Also the Home page should be something to drag users in. Rather than the whole introduction of the business. Have a whole "about us" page dedicated to telling people about the business (people will look at it) and use flashy images and effect to drag potential customers in. Also try and use more professional images (use a blank background, white carboard box.) and bring more products out over good time but don't take too long with it and offer free, new, products with orders over so much and referals that gets more people in (just make sure that it is shown the referal must buy a product).

Just a few ideas.

Leejames04

m8internet
05-05-2008, 05:15 PM
I did a test purchase and ended up at the PayPal website, although the link is VERY slow to load
Have you performed a sandbox test?

ryanhami
05-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Its a nice design, the only thing i would say is that you should either get rid of the newsletter link or setup the link. At the moment its not working and this could put people off. Just my opinion.

VLAHAKISA
06-05-2008, 01:09 PM
My recommendations would be;

- Obviously first fix the tech issues. A good developer who can help out with this is www.bluecubemedia.co.uk. No matter how good the site is, you can't sell products if it's not working properly for a percentage of would be customers.

- Agreed, the overall look and feel is a bit lacklustre, I would recommend the following additions to the homepage to improve conversion:

1. Evidence that it is an online shop over and above the words shop online in pale grey. So some credit card symbols perhaps and maybe something else on top a bit more creative in addition.

2. 'Best buys' and/or 'latest products' or 'on sale today'- ie feature boxes to lure them into the website further. Feature boxes including pricing.

3. Have email input field for newsletter on the homepage so they can sign up without clicking to a new page ideally. You have space, so why not.

4. Need images of people using the products or general people so that the site has a more personal and friendly feel that it has at the moment. Perhaps images of people making the products.

5. Make free post and packaging more obvious. Stick words as an icon right on top of the corner of the homepage picture.

OTHER SITE SUGGESTIONS

- About us; add images, personalise it. You aren't a giant brand name so get more up close and personal with your customers.
- Add a blog, great for search engine placement and also allows your customers to know more about your products and buy into them and you as a brand. Good place to put news as well....have a look at how innocent drinks promote their products via their blog (on their website click 'news')
- Create some gift packages. That way you are targeting the gift market as well and als increasing your shop product level as at the moment it feels sparse.

Hope that helps

Amanda

James Smith
06-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Not a designer of course, but you mention a 1% conversion rate. I don't know quite how high you are expecting but that really isn't so bad actually. Its the sort of stat I would use in a business plan.

2-3% is very good.

Put it this way, how many websites did you look at last week?
How many purchases did you make?

VLAHAKISA
06-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I agree with James, although it can probably be improved, 1% isn't too bad a conversion rate.

Work on your seo and you will get more traffic and more traffic at that conversion rate equals more sales - www.trulyace.com/searchengineoptimisation.html

Use the methods outlined in my article. They do very much work. I have a very high traffic rate for a small business.

Best Wishes

Amanda