PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a tent from us?

captainadventure
12-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Afternoon Ladies and Gents,

We have completed our latest website and we're looking for some feedback before it goes live. We think it looks good but obviously it's always good to get a second opinion from those who may use it.

http://www.thetentteam.co.uk

All feedback is gratefully received, good or bad, although if it's bad please make it constructive! :)

Many thanks folks,

Rob

shaun.rigby
12-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Design looks good, but can;t really tell you much about the site because you have programming errors

captainadventure
12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Sorry, should probably have checked it was all working perfectly before posting, it was fine yesterday.

Bear with us chaps, i'll be back when it's up and running again.

*Waves goodbye to reputation*

bill mccallum
12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Worked fine for me, don't know if you fixed it before I got to it...

It was clear and concise, easy to navigate and find what I was looking for, when I want some camping gear I will be back.

realyunderpressure
12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
If I was looking for camping gear and found your site I think I would have no problem in buying a tent.

Site looks clean, professional and easy to navigate!

chrisborrowdale
12-03-2008, 04:17 PM
Looks good, i might be back to buy one at some time

go4it
12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
Personally I wouldn't. That's nothing against you guys, but I prefer to see a tent before buying one. Difficult to tell the size, material quality without having one in front of you.

Decathlon are selling tents for 20 upwards. I would imagine tents would be difficult to send - someone would have to stay at home to sign for it or collect it. For all the hassle people are just going to go to Decathlon or another sports shop.

Also too many t's for my liking in the address - going to be prone to any mistyping etc.

Sorry to sound harsh but that's my two cents.

shamrocker
12-03-2008, 08:43 PM
captainadventure,

The forum rules request that you ask for permission to post site reviews. I'd be grateful if you could email one of the admin for any future post of this nature. I'm happy to let the post stay because you are obviously a genuine member. It's unfortunate that we have to do this but a minority of individuals have spoiled it for everyone else by abusing the liberty we once had.

Anyway, just like to add that I am getting the code errors too. I didn't proceed any further after seeing them. Potential buyers will most likely do the same - although I expect you are currently hard at work rectifying the issue.

Best of luck with it.

captainadventure
12-03-2008, 09:15 PM
Sorry Shane, been away from the forum for a while so wasn't aware of that, i'll make sure to email one of you in future.

In regard to the site it's purely the design we're interested in as it's for a client so whether the business is viable is not our primary concern.

Thanks for your comments, hopefully the site is back up and running now for all to see.

Rob

shaun.rigby
12-03-2008, 09:20 PM
very very noice!

love the design - very aesthetic!
If I had the money I would want to buy from this client....

Shall keep the site in my favourites!

Rgds,
Shaun

ECI
13-03-2008, 12:38 AM
I love the design, but personally I have found much cheaper options in the likes of Halfords.

How have sales been to date? The internet is a competitive place to sell!