PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo PPC ?

eco2you
02-02-2008, 04:15 PM
50 free voucher, but requires 60 to be placed into the funds of the PPC account.

110 PPC with yahoo for 60

is it worth it?

Does yahoo get any kind of results, I hardly get much normal traffic from them.

iccomms
02-02-2008, 06:11 PM
I would urge you to put that £60 into google adwords and forget about yahoo.

I signed up about 2 weeks ago and so far I have had one advert approved out of about 10 (even tho the copy was near identical to other ads on yahoo)

I have had 4 impressions served at the time of writing this!

This could be my misfortune but you only have to look around various forums for the large amount of people who slate yahoo and its slow system.

Has anyone had a good experience with yahoo?

nickt
02-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Yahoo does produce much less volume than Google but it does produce some volume and therefore should be used in your marketing strategy. It's also much cheaper than Google so you should pay less for traffic/conversions.

I haven't had any issues with copy or keywords, unlike Adwords however you can't just bid on any old keyword, they must relate to your site or they will be rejected.

nickt
02-02-2008, 07:41 PM
Whilst we're on the topic though, stay away from MSN & Miva, they truely are a waste of time.

QuikShop
02-02-2008, 07:58 PM
I agree, while Google still accounts for nearly 90% of all UK searches focus your marketing budget on Adwords.

If you have a good marketing budget, consider other avenues such as affiliate schemes, press releases and well placed link-swapping.

eco2you
02-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey,

My budget is pretty much non existant at the mo, lol.

Just wondered if it was worth a try, at the moment sounds like a resounding "no" lol.

moneyman
04-02-2008, 12:52 PM
I know google have 80% of the market or whatever but loads of new people just search with whatever is on their computer/broadband homepage default setting when they buy it. especially true of older users

If someone searches your term you might find you are only one of two or three companies that come up on yahoo or msn or whatever. this means you can end up with a much bigger percentage of those searchers actually buying.

when i used to spend ages on my stats i found that the searchers were more likely to buy when they hit your site. so less hits but better returns and a lot cheaper per click.
Hey if it is 10% of the market why not try to get 10% growth for an hours work? A click is a click.

mattyk50
05-02-2008, 01:47 PM
^ ^ ^

exactly what he said,

Matt

ECI
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
I would be interested to hear how you get on.

We have recently moved into affiliate marketing to compliment our google advertising, and would be open to seeing what Yahoo has to offer.

Is the free voucher tied to yourself? or are you able to let others use it? If so, get in touch ;)

eco2you
05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I like what Moneyman said, 10% of something is better than 0% of nothing.

The voucher is open to all:

http://www.affiliatestuff.co.uk/getting-started-as-an-affiliate/newbies-get-60-free-from-yahoo-search-to-try-ppc/

I'm counting the pennies, so give it a go, and let me know how it goes for you.

ECI
06-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Added 60 (plus the free 50) and so far I am impressed.

Have had 2 sales worth 70 in total, and they have cost me 88p in clicks.

May be a hidden gem!

Will run full review and post findings.

Stuart

iccomms
06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Well im happy for you stu :-) I am being asked to pay up to 10 per click at the moment :-S

eco2you
06-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by brandedwhisky
Added 60 (plus the free 50) and so far I am impressed.

Have had 2 sales worth 70 in total, and they have cost me 88p in clicks.

May be a hidden gem!

Will run full review and post findings.

Stuart

Well done Stuart,

I'm definately giving it a whirl!

ECI
12-02-2008, 09:42 PM
To update, in total spent 16.89 and brought in 293.78 of sales.

Quite happy overall. Need to work out how much google is doing for us % wise.

stu

iccomms
13-02-2008, 06:06 AM
Bargain :-) I have tamed yahoo and all seems to be working ok although the cpc is still extremely high for my more competitive products.