PDA

View Full Version : New Website Need to Advertise it

karlz
02-02-2008, 01:20 AM
I've just made a Marketing website and i'm wanting to get people on my site to click the things on it etc etc, do you guys know any good advertising places?

DeterminedOne
02-02-2008, 12:00 PM
As you've been so vague the only answer I can give you is on a search engine, online directory, flyer, side of a lorry, billboard. A more detailed question will probably get you a more useful response.

nickt
02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I find it ironic that a marketing website needs advice on advertising!

As DeterminedOne mentions your question is way too vague to answer

karlz
02-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok Basically Ive made http://crackingholidays.co.uk/ I need people to come and find a holiday/flights etc and then click and buy a holiday from the linked website. Just my site is new and hardly has any traffic at the moment. I need to advertise my site around so that i get some traffic

eco2you
02-02-2008, 02:11 PM
I think holidays is a pretty competitive area....

I'm not sure if your best trying to get mentioned in the local press, or trying to compete with high Pay Per Click adverts.

You could try learning some SEO techniques, and applying them where you can, but your going to need to work out a starting point for which words your going to target.

For example, put in the word "holiday" and you get 468,000,000
results.

Thats 468 MILLION results.

The Phrase "Cheap Holiday" brings up 3,080,000 Results.

I'm avoiding going into using " " on search terms, just trying to give you a very rough idea of the number of related websites out there competeing for the above terms.

I just tried a couple of your affil links, and they don't work, make sure if you do get them to work they open in a new window, and dont navigate away from your site, no one tends to click back often, and if they don' see what they want on the first page, they most likely wont see the other holiday pages below.

Theres a few pretty suscessful afill marketers on here, hopefully one of them maybe able to guve you a hand.

karlz
02-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the advice man, appreciated and they seem to work fine here and on my friends

eco2you
02-02-2008, 02:26 PM
The links definately dont work for me, I'm not sure why that is, when I click one, it just goes to a white page.

I'm using firefox, haven't tried in in IE.

eco2you
02-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by eco2you
The links definately dont work for me, I'm not sure why that is, when I click one, it just goes to a white page.

I'm using firefox, haven't tried in in IE.

- working in IE, not in firefox.

Thats a LOT of potential lost customers.

karlz
02-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Hmm Strange, I'm using firefox and they work fine in IE too :/

eco2you
02-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Maybe its just my firefox being odd, lol.

It works fine in IE.