PDA

View Full Version : Promotions Company Needs Help!! Asap

Exquisite
05-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to start up my own promotions company, holding raves, partiesí etc.

The problem is I donít have enough finance to rent out a club, hire out DJs, pay for flyers and posters, hire out staff for the night etc.

I found a solution, which was to get sponsors, however I donít know how to approach these potential sponsors. If I was to write to local business is there a particular method of going about this?
Please help

Warlow
06-08-2002, 02:49 AM
Approaching a business to sponsor your event is the same as making a sale - you have to clearly identify what's in it for them if they buy your product.
To start with you should put a written proposal together which outlines the event, expected number of people, age range, what sort of cash you are looking, what on-site advertising they would get etc.
State why the sponsor will get value for money. With many businesses cutting back on budgets you have to present a very compelling case for support.
With this in mind, it's important that you think cxarefully about which businesses to approach. They have to have a clear link with your idea - there is no reason why a clothes shop for middle-aged people would sponsor but every reason for a shop aimed at young people to. A local music shop would also be an ideal target.
Having sent your proposal, give them a call a few days later and arrange a face-to-face meeting to talk through any issues.
In summary, identify the best type of business and highlight the benefit to them of sponsoring you.

Best of luck
Rob
www.smallbusinesssuccess.biz

Exquisite
06-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Thanks for your advise, it was really helpful. Do you know if there is a standard price i should be asking the sponsers for. I also want to donate a percentage of the profits to charity.

Warlow
06-08-2002, 03:59 PM
There's no standard price. It's down to what you can negotiate. At the end of the day you have to decide whether you are looking for one main sponsor for the whole event - big bucks, or 5 to 10 with the cost divided between them. Don't go for a large number of sponsors because they may think that they will be lost amongst the crowd and so dilute their advertising.
Why not break it down in certain items for companies to sponsor - a music system 1,000; toilets 500 etc - instead of a cash contribution. Some businesses may feel happier with this.
Donating some of the proceeds to charity is a great idea. You can use this in your request letter saying that at the end of the event you will be getting the lcoal press in to present a chq to the charity and the sponsors can be present.
Promise a mention in the paper with their photo etc. Businesses love free publicity like this especially if it's linked to a charity. This comes back to what I said in the earlier reply - make it clear what the business will get out of it if they support you.
Another thought - get someone, preferably of high standing, to provide a reference. You need to convince the potential sponsors that you are genuine and not going to spent the week in Spain on their money!

Rob
www.smallbusinesssuccess.biz

joy
10-08-2002, 12:18 PM
Hi
Sounds like a great idea for a business. I have being designing flyers for clubnights for a few years now. Please let me know I can help you at all.

Exquisite
17-08-2002, 03:53 PM
That would be great, is it possible you can show me a few samples. I also need to know how much the price would be as I have not got a lot of finance.I would be needing around 6000 copies of a flyer if that helps to decide on the cost.

joy
18-08-2002, 12:09 PM
Hi

It depends on what kind of flyers you need really. Do you want black and white on cheap paper or full colour both sides? I also need the size you need and a delivery area to get an accurate quote together for you.

Go to www.joythomas.co.uk/flyers from 1pm today and I will add a page of flyers for you to see. Let me know if you have a problem viewing them : joyl.thomas@btopenworld.com

joy
18-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Ref::above comment
Check out my homepage www.joythomas.co.uk and click on flyers there, I am having a problem with redirections.

Malcolm X
20-08-2002, 10:39 AM
Joy. very impressive... some of those designs were extremely striking and captivating. I noted that your portfolio of services
included logo design and it is with respect to this that I'm replying
to your previous posting.

In a nutshell my brother and I (23 and 24 respectively) have started up our own mobile telecommuniations software development business based in Farringdon (London) and employing 6. We are working rather emphatically towards the
release of our initial product in early october and as part of the preparation time has been spent designing an initial web site in addition to other marketing materials and assets.

In the past we have consulted external 'so-called' professional
designers with regards to site-design enhancement and all-out
corporate logo design but have been let down twice in this area... incompleted work/low quality work/breach of contract.

As a matter of urgency, our company currently requires an intuitive and striking logo to represent a significant, strategic component of the company's overall 'branding for success' model. I liked the designs displayed on your website and on the back of this have decided to approach you with a view to discussing the possibility of your entering a contract to design and develop the initial version of my company's corporate logo.

I have been careful not to brandish the company's name and
URL here for everyone to see as we're particular about our
image and the perception of ourselves by others. Consequently,
I have actually forwarded the name and existing URL to you via
text message.

I hope this message finds you in high spirits and look forward
to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Malcolm X

SaverSoftware
22-08-2002, 04:02 PM
Hi,

Have you tried the Logo Factory

http://www.jameshelps.com/thelogofactory/

He is quiet active in the Nochex.com Forums & is always advertising with them.

Hope this help

Gareth

graemeb
23-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Where are you based Exquisite? I work for a new national youth/student newspaper which is launching weekly student club nights across the country (starting in Scotland). Basically we are asking new/young promoters to help launch the night while we incur the costs of flyers, reps and venues in return for a cut of the revenue and the obvious brand awareness.

If this would be of interest get in touch with the MD (ASAP) and he will be happy to talk with you (even if it is just to pass on good print costs and advice etc..). Our email is down for the next two days so in the mean time you can get him at graemescotcampus@hotmail.com.

Well I hope this can be of some help and if you need any advice at all please get in touch.

Innovdreams
29-06-2004, 09:17 PM
I was previously running a cclub of 1000 capacity for 2 years if you need any help on free marketing spin offs, what really works and proven methods of promotio feel free to mail me

Adam
29-06-2004, 10:02 PM
That post was 22 months old and those members have not been active lately!!

Well done on searching though, I hope you found what you were looking for. Welcom BTW. Start a new thread and tell us about yourself.