PDA

View Full Version : Business Insurance

kaizer7
04-01-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi all,

first of all i must say this is a briliant forum!

im in the process of setting up my first business, registration going through etc. However i have the following query if anyone can help:

- Business insurance - who with and how?
y business involves emplyoying staff who will visit client sites. I know i need insurance for this but can anyone reccomend which broker or insurance company to go with?

Thanks

ActiveHedgehog1
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
hi there, in my normal day job i work in insurance, i suggest you contact companies like Aon, Heath Lambert or willis.

You should be able to get a package insurance including your liability policies. any advise needed let me know.

kaizer7
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
thanks for the heads up MYOBar. I will check those compaies out. But there are loads of insurance companies, i gues it just a matter of contacting a fe for the best deal

Cheers

Kaizer7

shamrocker
04-01-2008, 04:53 PM
I use Axa for a standard shop retail package. I get it via Hensure Insurance - who should be able discuss your individual situation with you and then recommend the appropriate cover. You should get them if you do a google search.

webprojectuk
04-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Do you mind me asking how much do you pay monthly for your shop? I ask as I am looking to open my own fishing tackle shop in manchester. And I have no idea how much I would be looking to pay for basic insurance policy.

shamrocker
04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I pay roughly 45 a month - works out at around 525 a year. That covers 10k of stock, plus a load of other things - buildings, fixtures and fittings , loss of business, public and employers liability, etc.

webprojectuk
04-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh, well, that's not so bad. What kind of shop do you have? I think I have found my shop - not 100% perfect but it's the best I will find for the money. It will allow me enough room to test the water and see what happens from there.

It would be interesting to here how you got about opening your shop and what you think about the whole retail business. So, if you fancy sharing some of your wisdom with me then please let me know.

urbanboi
05-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi,

I got a quote from HSBC the policy was with HISCOX insurance it covered for all my business inculding the Haulage side.

It covered for 1 millon, and the cost per year was 675, Whoever you are banking with or going to bank with I would chat to your business manager as they should understand your business.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

Simon

ActiveHedgehog1
07-01-2008, 12:11 PM
The names i gave are brokers so they will look around the market for you.

shamrocker
07-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by webprojectuk
Oh, well, that's not so bad. What kind of shop do you have? I think I have found my shop - not 100% perfect but it's the best I will find for the money. It will allow me enough room to test the water and see what happens from there.

It would be interesting to here how you got about opening your shop and what you think about the whole retail business. So, if you fancy sharing some of your wisdom with me then please let me know.

I have a golf shop at a fairly busy golf club. It's not your usual setup because the premises are provided for me rent free - no phone or electric bills etc. either - so it won't relate in all ways to your normal bricks and mortar business. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to share my experiences when ever I can.