PDA

View Full Version : Would you recommend DEGRAFIK?

damion
05-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi guys,

I am just looking at doing some research to see what people think to my services and help I give to people who contact me or people who I speak to on a daily and weekly basis?

So what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

Damion.

Fwd
05-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Okay, if I had never used you......first thing I would do is check out your web site.

Now when I go to your site I would leave it within about 20 seconds because non of your links work?!?

The only one which works is the 'work' link...but even then it takes you to a simple 1 page with a not very attractive layout or description of your projects.

Your actual site, with the links that take you nowhere, is OK. Its very basic and simple, which is 'average' at best.

Not slating your site....or your work, because I know some people have used you and found your service very good....but your not 'selling yourself/services' very well at all. Which I think is important as you are offering web design/ design as your services. And a 1 1/2 page layout aint gonna persuade anybody.

Cheers

shamrocker
05-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Damion,

I have never really had any work done by you or had advice from you, so I'm not really in a position to give you a proper answer. However, your question does raise an important issue - that is 'building relationships' with prospective customers. For some people, sitting answering questions on a forum all day may seem like a waste of time, but I bet a lot of business can be gained this way - either directly or indirectly. A good example is Phil at Openmind. If you read this Phil, perhaps you can comment. I reckon you generate a fair amount of business just through giving people 'free' advice or answers to technical questions. James Smith is another good example. I would say his contributions on this forum alone bring him a good few customers.

Networkology.com
06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Yes absolutely, you have done a bit of work for me Damo and I'd be more than happy to reccomend you.

MailOrderCo
06-12-2007, 12:41 AM
I would too (Marc here) you have worked for me before and I would employ you again from what you did. However I must agree with the above on your site, although the site looks nice some/most links go no where, fix those and keep your site updated and your good to go :-)

mukaumedia
09-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Fwd
Okay, if I had never used you......first thing I would do is check out your web site.

Now when I go to your site I would leave it within about 20 seconds because non of your links work?!?

The only one which works is the 'work' link...but even then it takes you to a simple 1 page with a not very attractive layout or description of your projects.

Your actual site, with the links that take you nowhere, is OK. Its very basic and simple, which is 'average' at best.

Not slating your site....or your work, because I know some people have used you and found your service very good....but your not 'selling yourself/services' very well at all. Which I think is important as you are offering web design/ design as your services. And a 1 1/2 page layout aint gonna persuade anybody.

Cheers

Hi Damion
I gave you this same feedback about your site a year ago on 4N! The first impression of a designers' own website / portfolio is usually also final! :-) As it is, I suspect that your site will continue to lose you customers.

JustOneUK
11-12-2007, 03:53 AM
I had the impression I WAS working with DEGRAFIK, but haven't heard anything since we spoke approx 2 weeks ago :(

zenicman1
11-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I have had a logo done by Damion and I am very impressed, Top guy and always lets you know what his thoughts are.

babyben
12-12-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by JustOneUK
I had the impression I WAS working with DEGRAFIK, but haven't heard anything since we spoke approx 2 weeks ago :(

Have you contacted him by email and phone in the last two weeks to ask for contact?

JustOneUK
12-12-2007, 01:25 AM
He has my email address, I thought I might be considered the "customer" and not need to go chasing.

It's only a small project and hardly the end of the world but it doesn't mean that things will be so insignificant to other "customers".

babyben
12-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by JustOneUK
He has my email address, I thought I might be considered the "customer" and not need to go chasing.

It's only a small project and hardly the end of the world but it doesn't mean that things will be so insignificant to other "customers".

If your looking for some information - he won't be a mind-reader. If you've not heard anything, give him a phone/email and ask - I'm sure he wouldn't mind. I'm not excusing the delay in contacting, just trying to see it from the other site.

I have points where I can't or won't keep in constant contact with my clients - it wouldn't be time effective, and at some stage I've got ****** all to say to them! :D

freelancer
12-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Same here, I like a friendly phone call from my clients, it shows they are interested and committed to the project, but sometimes, I dont have anything to say