PDA

View Full Version : Now you know how I feel

ECI
21-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Hard luck England.

I know that you all are feeling as bad as I was on Saturday when Scotland failed to qualify for Euro 2008.

Basically this is a public :) to everyone from here who cruelly sent me text messages on Saturday.

Stuart

Martin
21-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Yeah but the Scots went out with their heads held high...

Our lads? Starting with the Manager and then by shirt number should all be decapitated by guillotine in Trafalgar Square.

nathanp
21-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Stuartebdy
Hard luck England.

I know that you all are feeling as bad as I was on Saturday when Scotland failed to qualify for Euro 2008.

Basically this is a public :) to everyone from here who cruelly sent me text messages on Saturday.

Stuart

Head up high, best team one. Such a poor performance from England.

openmind
21-11-2007, 11:13 PM
I'd never thought I would say this but Scotland didn't deserve to go out, England played like a sub-rate pub team and deserve nothing less than a public flogging...

Embarassing...

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
21-11-2007, 11:14 PM
I have to agree, poor performance, luckily for me I'm half Italian, COME ON ITALY!

ECI
21-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I will take that as a compliment Phil. :)

I am still so gutted after Saturday... so so sad.

This is a consolation though! Tomorrow wouldnt be bearable if England qualified. (probably bring that on myself though through my cheek ;))

JustOneUK
21-11-2007, 11:19 PM
For me it was summed up seeing the Croatian manager shouting at his players (even though they have qualified) whilst ours sat on his @ss drinking water. Shouldn't he have been on the touchline spitting blood?

Useless.

NB: Beckham really is a super hero, that man is just awsome.

openmind
21-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Not hard to earn a compliment against a dire performance like that ;)

The thing that really ****** me off is though is that we all know we can play brilliant football but every time it comes to the crunch, we play like a bunch of wombles...

ECI
21-11-2007, 11:21 PM
And in Scotland, we all know we play like a bunch of haggis's but when it comes to the crunch, we play brilliant football.

Martin
21-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Stuartebdy
And in Scotland, we all know we play like a bunch of haggis's but when it comes to the crunch, we play brilliant football.

Ok Stuart, don't get to far ahead of yourself... Its the first year ever for Scotland! ;)

go4it
22-11-2007, 12:21 AM
Agree about Beckham - everyone is always quick to put him down but he is the only player who can justify their 'star' status.

A lot of it boils down to football today - too many foreigners, millions of schoolboys being dropped before they are 18, high ticket prices, multi million take overs - the game is in turmoil but it is kept alive by sad lager swilling t@ssr^ who have nothing else to do with their lives.

moneyman
22-11-2007, 09:14 AM
I read the "the 250k bonus is not important to us" comment and then put a bet on the other team.

Forget international football. Rugby now that's a man's game.

RichardJohn
22-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by moneyman
I read the "the 250k bonus is not important to us" comment and then put a bet on the other team.

Forget international football. Rugby now that's a man's game.

Apparently, all the national team wages and bonuses get put into a charitable fund.

moneyman
22-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Well fine, but rugby players look on playing for their country as the pinacle of there career. Footballers look on it as a bit of extra money if they have a free moment as long as it doesnt mess with their day job.
Ability but no real drive.

clayts
22-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by RichardJohn
Apparently, all the national team wages and bonuses get put into a charitable fund.

This isnt correct... they donate their 1500 match fee each apparently according to The Sun, but the rest they keep... but its the bonus'es they keep which is quite huge (for most normal people anyway).

Heres the article:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article470476.ece

nathanp
22-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Well fine, but rugby players look on playing for their country as the pinacle of there career. Footballers look on it as a bit of extra money if they have a free moment as long as it doesnt mess with their day job.

agreed

hoobs
22-11-2007, 12:57 PM

I have a video of the '97 british lions rugby tour of south africa. At one point Martin Johnson is off the pitch having his head stitched, when he stands up with the doctor and needle still attached and says 'I can't wait any longer I need to get on the pitch with my team' I doubt if the entire england squad, management and board could raise this level of commitment.

openmind
22-11-2007, 01:02 PM
That's simply because the England rugby team is filled with proud, passionate individuals who play for the love of the game and the glory of the win...

Whereas the football team are overpaid, under worked and have severe attacks of couldntgiveamonkeyitis at regular times :rolleyes:

eco2you
22-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Football is for Pansies ;)

*runs and hides*