PDA

View Full Version : Just introducing myself

hayley*flint
19-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Hi Everyone, my names Hayley and i'm new to the whole idea of forums.

I work for a web development and web design company and i am in charge of the launch of our new software e-commerce site. Our aim being to try and rival places like Dabs and Ebuyer by price and service.

Having had no real experience in advertising or anything like this before,i thought this would be a good place for me to make some friends and get any advice or tips from anyone out there.

We're advertising on google adwords at the moment, any other good ideas?

MikeH
19-09-2007, 05:50 PM
Hi Hayley,

Welcome to the forum. Adwords is OK but can get expensive. It really depends on your business. Beware of cold calls from people trying to get you on other search engines and naff publications.

From experience the best thing to do is to focus on natural listings in SE's. This does take work though.

Get yourself known on forums like this. Be helpful and put offers out for people to try your services. You may build up a good reputation.

Mike

hayley*flint
20-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the advice. I'll bear it in mind, especially about posting offers and building up a good reputation.

Hayley

eco2you
20-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Hi Hayley

Just to make sure you don't get in trouble, I think you need to get permisson from a moderator before posting offers to the forum.

Best Of Luck :)

hayley*flint
20-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to be getting in trouble in less than a week of being on here! : )

katelj
20-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Hi Hayley,

Just to say Good Luck!

Kate