PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Gym

Ward
21-08-2007, 03:16 PM
I am currently in negotiation to take over the management of a local Parish council operated Gym. (Privatisation with complete control of income, expendature, turn over and profits) I have completed the following tasks, however, I would appreciate any information or advice on any other matters that i may need to consider before the final agreemant is made.
I have already:
Got a reputable insurance qoute for Employers liability and public liability. (Includes product cover)
Confirmed that the local Parish council already have appropriate Building and Equipment insurance cover. (I will be renting their premises and equipment)
Set up my existing accountant to undertake the payroll duties.
Sourced a solicitor approved contract of employment for existing staff.
Checked the closest competition of Gym and what their set up and systems are. (including membership packages and deals etc)
Made preliminary plans for the possible improvement of space within the premises. (False walls possibly removed to open space for more members to use at any one time plus new machinery etc) Currently trying to get a professional to look at my plans and offer info and advice.
I have put together a small marketing plan in aid to raise the Membership numbers.
Sourced possible self employed teachers of: Aerobics, Kickboxing, Dance, Yoga etc to offer members as extra's on membership packages. (There are currently no extra's available).

I would very much appreciate if anyone could offer me any more info or advice on this matter.

Yours sincerely,
Peter