PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of corporate movies?

DanLyddon
06-08-2007, 02:50 PM
What do you think of corporate movie promotions? I'm not talking about your cheesy Seventies Health & Safety videos, or your wooden Corporate Induction films, more along the lines of Movies for advertising and marketing.

If you've got a spare few minutes, I'm doing some market research at the moment and would greatly appreciate the feedback. Just a few questions...

For those who have used corporate movies before

1) How many times have you had a corporate movie made for your company?
2) What made you choose a corporate movie as a way of promoting your business/service/product?
3) How much did it cost, and did it go over the original budget?
3) Did the final product meet your expectations?
4) Would you think of using corporate movies in the future?

For those of you who haven't used corporate movies before

1) Would you be interested in a corporate movie for your business, and if so, what interests you about using them?
2) How much would you expect to pay for a professional production service?
3) How much control over factors like script, actors, design, lighting etc would you want over the movie?
4) How would you incorporate the movie into your marketing/advertising strategy?
5) Would you consider movies for New Media such as mobile phones and the internet?

Thanks a lot; it'd be a great help if you could put some answers down

Daniel

http://www.myspace.com/seraphimpictures

TheseWordsAreMyOwN
06-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by DanLyddon

2) How much would you expect to pay for a professional production service?
3) How much control over factors like script, actors, design, lighting etc would you want over the movie?
5) Would you consider movies for New Media such as mobile phones and the internet?

I have absolutely no idea how much it would cost for a professional production service, but it sounds very expensive.

I would consider using movies for new media such as the internet, but I am intrigued as to where the movie would be broadcasted?

Personally I would want to give somebody a gist of what I'm after and then leave them to it.

I have always associated corporate movies with big brand names. This is purely because of the cost and I see it as an effective way of advertising.

DanLyddon
06-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply; it's good to find out what people's thoughts are on the topic - there are a lot of misconceptions.

For example, a corporate movie may not cost as much as you might think - as in a lot of industries, choosing a company outside of the M25 often makes a big difference in price! Also, with the majority of professional companies the price varies with the service, depending on what you want the finished product to be, the run-time, how you're going to market it, and whether or not it's the right marketing tool for you.

As far as new media is concerned, online movies can be broadcast via your own website, youtube, myspace or other portals. There are also online television channels that might accept advertisements, although are more likely to want "informative" movies about your company more than anything else.

The other major option in New Media movies is the mobile phone. Bluetooth marketing, push-to-talk and MMS are quickly being established as a new, vibrant marketing platform. Major companies such as Odeon are investing in Bluetooth marketing for their outlets which incorporates sending bluetooth clips and advertisements to people's mobiles as they walk by (providing that those mobiles are set to receive bluetooth messages from the world at large)

amy_517
07-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Hi Dan

I've never commissioned this type of thing before, but I am setting up in the business of providing something similar - technical animation to explain difficult/technical ideas in video. I can also produce animated title sequences and credits, and do postproduction and compositing work.

Would you ever be likely to need 3d computer-animated sections for your videos? Give me an email - amy (at) blueprintanimation.com if it's something you'd like to talk about, or you'd like to see any of my work.

Amy : )

TheseWordsAreMyOwN
07-08-2007, 01:24 PM
How much would a typical movie cost which would be broadcasted on Youtube?

DanLyddon
08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I don't believe there's such thing as a "typical movie" as each client is different and has an individual need.

We tailor quotes to the brief supplied by each prospective client after an initial consultation during which we establish whether a corporate movie is right for them, and how they could best use it.

As far as a movie for your website or Youtube goes, it depends on the duration of the movie, the number of locations and the number of shooting hours (or days). I'd be more than happy to put together a quote if you can e-mail me a Design Brief of what it is you're looking for.

seraphimpictures@hotmail.com is the address

Cheers,

Daniel