PDA

View Full Version : Best means of advertising

boyo
02-09-2003, 02:57 PM
I own a web hosting/Design/Programming company and I am not sure the best means of advertising that generates a lot of customers. I am trying to avoid wasting money anyone with experience to help?

Statler
03-09-2003, 10:16 AM
Hi,

If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org , you will be able to access a great deal of relevant information within the Be Your Own Boss section, including articles on Advertising.

To register at www.shell-livewire.org, choose 'Click to Register' below the briefcase on the left-hand side of the homepage.

kris_leeds
03-09-2003, 12:25 PM
I know this isn't much of an answer, but personally I find word of mouth by far the best. Impress your current clients, then next time they hear of someone looking for any services your provide they'll put them to you!

:)

Dugdale
03-09-2003, 02:33 PM
Very good means of advertising is to advertise on forum communities.. As you can focus on specific market...

Can drive alot of traffic to your site if you advertise on the right forum

carlosmingos
03-09-2003, 03:12 PM
if you don't want to spend any money then regularly using forums like this is a good start. any form of networking is a good idea for all startups; try the forums at www.ecademy.com and www.startups.co.uk too. get a name for yourself with people on the forums and they will think of you when they need your services.

you can also try other forms of online marketing such as search engine optimisation and directory listings. get listed in as many directories as possible, especially the free ones. paying for a higher profile listing in a couple of well known directories such as yell.com or google.com is worth considering but don't consider paying for entries in lesser known directories. you simply won't get enough business to warrant spending the money.

if you haven't got any already, get some business cards printed. the more the better. companies like vistaprint do special offers such as 200 free business cards if you allow them to print their details are on the back. pin them up on every notice board you see, whether it's in your local shop, sainsbury's or leisure centre. this is a very cheap form of marketing and very often neglected. if you use the free ones from vistaprint on the notice boards, it doesn't matter if their details are on the back cos it'll be stuck on a noticeboard anyway!

if you're willing to spend some money, then the world is your oyster!! you can do any of the following:

on car advertising, local paper advertising/pr, web advertising, direct mail, email marketing (don't spam)!!, promotional gifts/gadgets etc.

if you want any specific advice just let me know.

marketing guru

carl

carl@jenkie.co.uk

boyo
04-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks to evry one for your replys especially
carlosmingos
That really did help.