PDA

View Full Version : What should i put in

Clear View Window Cleaning
24-07-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi im a newbie on here. im seeting up a window cleaning business and are also seeting up a website to go with it. Do i just put in basic details about business or do i add in extras to encourage people to visit the website some ideas are

newsletter
forum

should i put these in or can you think off anything else that could get put in. I have already set it up but could easily delete them.

Thanks

Gordon
Clear View Window cleaning

**SNIP**

Widgey
24-07-2007, 01:52 AM
Please do not put links in opening posts. Further rule breaking, will result in a warning being made.

Thanks

24-07-2007, 08:50 AM
Sorry im new n here think i broke a rule sorry about that.

Gordon

**SNIP**

James Smith
24-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Gordon,

for a window cleaning business i would just keep the website very simple - you just need to advertise your services, ie as a "calling card". Perhaps give an indication of what days you will be in what streets and how much you charge for a few example properties, ie flat, 3 bed semi, 4 bed detached etc etc.

Dont mind the mods they are harmless really - we have a rash of people trying to fog things on opening posts so dont be too put off.

Regards,

openmind
24-07-2007, 09:10 AM
"newsletter" - What are going to put in it? Window Cleaning Tips? I'm not being sarcastic but the business you have has a fairly limited subject matter so I'm not sure how this would be effective.

Same goes for the forum really...

I would use the site as a introduction to your service as James points out above...

Also invest a little cash in your own domain name and some proper web hosting...

24-07-2007, 10:08 AM
In the newsletter i put in things about local area evets etc

TheseWordsAreMyOwN
24-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I think if you have a forum it will be dead

openmind
24-07-2007, 10:12 AM
OK but the key reason for a newsletter is to drive business back to you not to promote other events?

You see what I'm getting at here?

Every marketing activity you undertake for your business should have one clear goal at the end of it, to ensure you get some sales out of it...

Otherwise you're just going to pour money away...

cmrule
24-07-2007, 10:34 AM
I think focusing on leaflet drops etc would see a better return on your money.
It would be cool if these were stickers - if people wanted their window cleaning they could put the stickers in the window. I'm never in when our window cleaner calls round.
It could also work as a bit of advertising - passers by would see it etc. I guess a website address on here would be useful, or perhaps just a telephone number.
Make the stickers memorable/noticeable but not so ugly that people wouldn't put them up. And not too sticky so they cant take them down again!

Widgey
24-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Clear View Window Cleaning
Sorry im new n here think i broke a rule sorry about that.

Gordon

**SNIP**

I have just told you above not to post links, you apologise and then do exactly the same thing.

Please do not post links unless in response to a question.

babyben
24-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Widgey
I have just told you above not to post links, you apologise and then do exactly the same thing.

What was the link again? *evil laugh* ;)

jet
24-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Widgey

You told him to not put links in 'opening posts' which is probably why he didn't realise he couldn't put them in other posts...

James Smith
24-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Wdigey,

I think you are being rather unfair on this poster.

Its NOT a spam type post, just a local window cleaner and if you look at his site its not exactly hard core sales pitch.

The guy has put his link under his name just as he sees everyone else doing it so why should you be so nasty?

its not as if he is flogging knock of trainers or similar.

Gorden,

can you please show us this website of yours- direct question to you -so you can legitimately post it so we can help you - given that is what this forum is for.

Regards,

24-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Thanks James my website is www.freewebs.com/clear-viewwindowcleaning
is not that great but want to try out first dont see point in spending money on website if customers dont use it done all this myself in about an hour so needs a lot of improvement