PDA

View Full Version : Parcelfarce

RichardJohn
14-06-2007, 10:14 PM
What a joke Parcelforce are!

I'm waiting for an item posted Wednesday lunchtime "Guaranteed next day". Not only was there no sign of it today, the track and trace hasn't heard from it since 4PM wednesday!

13-06-2007 15:50 Gloucester Depot On route to hub
13-06-2007 13:43 Gloucester Depot Collected from customer

That hub must be a long way away!

I also found a vulnerability in their website that could be used by spammers. I emailed them about that Wednesday, and have has no response. The hole is still open, too.

RichardJohn
14-06-2007, 10:15 PM
</rant>

DataBug
14-06-2007, 10:47 PM
PArcelforce have been ok for me so far - but from what I've seen they are either really good or **** up big style - no in between......hope it turns up ok :)

bb99
14-06-2007, 10:50 PM
I know how you feel - I spent all afternoon chasing round after DHL's balls ups.

Re the Parcelforce website problem, try emailing theregister.co.uk if you want to cause them some embarassment!

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
15-06-2007, 07:17 AM
Parcelfarce, DH-HELL and AN wait and C if your parcel arrives! are all as bad as each other, ANC are the best of a bad bunch.

babyben
15-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by DataBug
PArcelforce have been ok for me so far - but from what I've seen they are either really good or **** up big style - no in between......hope it turns up ok :)

That's the one, it's either here on time, or not at all.

.. or crushed. :(

jagalaw2
15-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by babyben
That's the one, it's either here on time, or not at all.

.. or crushed. :(

Or lost.. They've done that one to me a few times.. Fortunately I insured the kit.. Unfortunately some of them were one off items :(

RichardJohn
15-06-2007, 11:14 AM
DHL have been pretty good with me. I've had stuff from South Africa arrive in a few days in perfect condition on multiple occasions.

The best courier has to be UPS, though. They always arrive when they say they will (they'll pick up within about 2 hours of you phoning them), can provide packaging if you want them to, and the stuff always gets there on time without a mark on it!

It's a shame more ebay sellers don't use them. UPS standard isn't that much more expensive than Parcelforce.

Mike.C
15-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Guys you'll struggle to beat postvan dot co uk

I was quoted 158 to send a surfboard to Munich with insurance by all the major players parcelforce included...

Postvan 60...

downside: it took 3 days longer

upside: almost 100 left in my pocket!

brianabudabi
16-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Richard, If your in South Wales & the package came from Glous you may not be to pleased to hear that the hub is in Lichfield near Tamworth

onlinkmedia
16-06-2007, 12:56 PM
When I used to work in a warehouse we used Business Post all the time and only had one problem in 6 months - a box turned up a day later than expected.

RichardJohn
16-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by brianabudabi
Richard, If your in South Wales & the package came from Glous you may not be to pleased to hear that the hub is in Lichfield near Tamworth

Yes, I knew that, but still, it's only a 2 and a half hour journey from Bridgend to Coventry!

It arrived yesterday... with a cracked screen.

MailOrderCo
17-06-2007, 01:07 AM
I think with any huge company (like those parcel companies) you will get lots of happy customers and customers who have a really bad experience.

Every company no matter how large or small is run by humans, and all humans make mistakes.

It just seems to be smaller companies offer a more personal service and notice/fix any problems in a better way and a lot quicker than large companies.

For every large company out there people will tell you great things about them and how its the best company they ever used, and you will find people who say its the worst they ever used.

Princess1983
17-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I'm still waiting for my parcel which was sent to me as a garenteed next day jobbie- and was due before Christmas 2006!

Hhhmmm something tells me that parcel is never going to arrive. Good job I threw a hissy fit at the company who sent the parcel who in the end gave me a full refund!

Can't wait to see what will happen this year.

Funniest thing I found about parcel force here is their justification of where the parcel was when it was a day late-apparently at Christmas their busy (none of us are of course.....) and they take on temp drivers who clock off at 6pm and if they have any parcels left over they'll get around to dispatching them the next day....

and the moral of the story? Let me think-avoid Parcel Force especially around busy periods!

As for DHL-no problems YET!

ANC-items arrived damaged.

Not used any others though.

Princess.x