PDA

View Full Version : Young Entrepreneurs in Manchester

wilkinsonh
12-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Dear Colleague,

I am currently looking to identify some young entrepreneurs in Manchester.

I am currently launching a support network for young entrepreneurs in Manchester called Striding Out (www.stridingout.co.uk) and I am looking for four ambassadors in the area i.e. individuals who have started their own business whether they are 6 months or 4yrs in, and are passionate about supporting others and acting as an inspiration for others to follow.

We are hosting an initial meeting on Thursday 21st June between 3.30-5.30pm at our office in Central Manchester, to tap into your needs, requirements, and interests, and to tell you more about the Ambassador opportunity.

If you are interested in finding out more and attending please email me at heather@stridingout.co.uk

Best Wishes

Heather Wilkinson
Founder and MD of Striding Out
www.stridingout.co.uk

damion
15-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Heather,

I've just sent you an email regards to the event :)

peoplepassionplanetdotcom
15-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Dame, are you going to this?

damion
15-06-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by peoplepassionplanetdotcom
Dame, are you going to this?

I wish I was mate :) Just wanted some more info off Heather, just been looking on the site. Is the event and other events free to attend?

Who's going?

15-06-2007, 12:38 PM
shame man, i am heading over there. Yeah this event is free to attend but you can pay a small fee to sign up to striding out which will result in you becoming part of a successful network of young entreprenuers, a strong mentorship team who will help you develop your business and strength and support as you move forward. Striding out was invaluable for us when we launched tribewanted and continues to be so.

damion
15-06-2007, 12:42 PM
yeah just looked at registering. 120 for the year, well maybe not just yet. What kind of help have they give you?

15-06-2007, 04:20 PM
We made some great connections through striding out and they advised a lot on our carbon offsetting and introduced us to partners to this effect. They have also been at hand, on the 'phone for advice and guidance as and when it is needed. Personally, I think that striding out is an organisation that is really growing as they develop in Manchester etc and it is going to be beneficial to other younger business people.

PatrickD
15-06-2007, 04:23 PM
I have emailed Heather to request some information about being an Ambassador.
Although I'm too young, still interested.
I will be attending next week.

wilkinsonh
15-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi guys,

thanks for your interest, we've got six young entrepreneurs attending next week which is a great starting base, all from different sectors. Striding Out will officially launch in Sept/Oct in Manchester.
Damien in response to your question, we charge a basic membership fee as it encourages buy-in and provides sustainability. Striding Out is a community of young entrepreneurs, and at the core we have a number of businesses coaches who know all the members personally and faciliate connections as and when you need them between members, experts, mentors etc. to support the growth of the business.
It's a very personal face to face network, as we hold two events a month and members work closely to support eachother.

Best Wishes

Heather

max99
15-06-2007, 05:29 PM
what do you class as "young" ?

wilkinsonh
15-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Striding Out is focussed on 18-30, and we also provide Branching Out for the 30 plus.
We didn't choose to go lower than 18 as we do alot of one to one coaching, trips away and events that involve bars etc, so it can lead to complications in terms of CRB cheques and parental guidance etc. We have worked with 16-18 year olds within schools and other projects so we get involved through partnerships.

max99
15-06-2007, 05:51 PM
arr k, well im 18 :) altho dont live in manc, in shef :(, maybe at uni in sept hopefully tho

and bars best place to discuss ;)

wilkinsonh
15-06-2007, 05:53 PM
great, well we'll keep you posted. We like having a mixture of venues as it keeps life interesting as entrepreneurs get bored far too quickly. :-)

max99
15-06-2007, 06:00 PM
yep :)

well in a years time i aim to have at least 2 more websites turning over 5 Figures a month, so will be interested in offline business oppourtunities :)

PatrickD
15-06-2007, 09:00 PM
It's a shame you do not cater for 16 year olds.
School would be useless to me as I have now left, however, I will still be attending next week.