PDA

View Full Version : Targeted Research questions?

RyanN
25-07-2003, 08:35 PM
Hi all,

I am pretty far along with my business planning. I have a fairly detailed business plan, have contacted distributors for stock, have found premises and now looks like I have a few investors interested.

I have done some general market research on my idea but have yet to do any localised research to see if my ideas and product will satisfy a demand in my home town.

My question is really: how do I go about getting feedback and info from local people in my home town to see if my products are acctually needed???

Any advice would be great on how I can go abouts this.

little_gem
26-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi Ryan,

Is it the extreme sportswear shop your doing?

If so then you could always find your local extreme shops, camping shops, etc and as customers leave ask them to complete the questionnaire for you (be careful not to do this in view of your competition!)
if you do this in person it will take up alot of your time, telephone surveys are less time consuming but less accurate. How about visiting the snowdome in milton keynes, or mountain bike shops and dry ski slopes and just catching the punters as they go in or out?

Was it your questionnaire on-line? if so i've completed it for you, and its a very good questionnaire, very specific, out of interest, where is your shop going to be, i need a new ski jacket!

well good luck, sounds like its going to be a winner, and if you know anyone who is getting married, or has just got hitched, let me know and i'll send them my questionnaire (i'm a cheeky mare!)

lisa
x

RyanN
27-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Thanks Lisa,

Unfortunately, we fortunatelly for us, there is no local extreme sportswear shops in my home town, hence us wanting to start one.
I do have a local ski slope though so will take your advice and go the to hand out my questionairre.

mattley23
27-07-2003, 02:20 PM
Lisa,

I got married just 3 weeks ago so would be happy to fill in your questionaire. email me on mattley23@hotmail.com