PDA

View Full Version : O/T should I call?

raspberrybloom
12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I went for a job interview on Wednesday and they said they would get back to me in the next couple of days.
I haven't heard from them and I really want to know if I got it. When do you think I should call or should I not call at all?

Thanks.

openmind
12-03-2007, 05:57 PM
By next couple of days they may have meant from the beginning of this week.

Lets say they were still interviewing on Thursday/Friday last week, it's going to take them a couple of days of this week to make their minds up.

I would give them a gentle call Thursday ish...

raspberrybloom
12-03-2007, 06:00 PM
She did tell me they were only interviewing on the Wednesday. But perhaps I should leave it a couple more days.

Thanks.

moneyman
12-03-2007, 06:29 PM
phone tomorrow. it sounds keen.

gwhaskew
12-03-2007, 06:42 PM
I really hope you get the job, but sadly in my experience if they say they will call and then don't you usually get a letter in the post the next day saying you haven't got it...

This has happened to me twice now!

gregfindley.com
12-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi raspberry bloom,

I'm in the same situation, except I had an interview on Tuesday, I think I will call Wed if I haven't heard by then, good luck with it :)

Greg

12-03-2007, 09:04 PM
I would definately give them a call - it will show that you are keen to get the job and, although it may not get you the job, it will show you in a more favourable light. Good luck and hope it goes well!

James

eimanshalash
13-03-2007, 02:21 PM
This might sound surprising but I've got a job interview tomorrow at 3 pm.

Fwd
13-03-2007, 02:36 PM
If you don't get the job (although I hope u do).....why not continue pushing your business Idea ?

I obviously don't know your finances but where all on a entrepreneur/ business' site, so why we talking about jobs...lol

I know you will say you need money to live..for house food kids etc... But surley we are all on here because we want the independence and to be in control of our own destinies etc....

eimanshalash
13-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Fwd
If you don't get the job (although I hope u do).....why not continue pushing your business Idea ?

I obviously don't know your finances but where all on a entrepreneur/ business' site, so why we talking about jobs...lol

I know you will say you need money to live..for house food kids etc... But surley we are all on here because we want the independence and to be in control of our own destinies etc....

Yes, that's a good point. Speaking for myself, I wanted to gain specific skills and contacts in my business that would be gained directly from a position of employment.

adycooney
13-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by gwhaskew
I really hope you get the job, but sadly in my experience if they say they will call and then don't you usually get a letter in the post the next day saying you haven't got it...

This has happened to me twice now!

I know a lot of people who have been in this position, perhaps if you call them up tomorrow, hopefully before getting a letter, you may be able to get some feedback from them.

Fingers crossed you will get the job, if not, don't be afraid to ask why. Most people will give you some hints and tips to remember for next time. It may also give you the opportunity to provide some answers to some of their concerns.... it is not beyond the realms that they may re-consider if they know how much you think you can do for them.

Good luck

Ady

raspberrybloom
13-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I GOT THE JOB!!!

Whoaah!

It is taking a 4k pay cut but its what I really want to do.

I am so excited.

Grounded Vertigo
13-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Well done! It's great to hear you're going to get to do what you really want, do we get to know what it is?

raspberrybloom
13-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you!

I am going to work for a PR Agency.

I have been trying to get into PR since I left uni 3 years ago but have slipped into marketing led roles. But I love writing and organising events, so I can't wait to start.

No really looking forward to telling my current boss though!

JamieM
13-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by eimanshalash
Yes, that's a good point. Speaking for myself, I wanted to gain specific skills and contacts in my business that would be gained directly from a position of employment.

That sounds like a good idea Eiman. Will you tell them about your business?

Good luck with the interview. :)

Edit: Oh congratulations raspberrybloom!

gregfindley.com
13-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Congratulations RaspberryBloom!!

Did you call them in the end?
I'm still waiting to hear....

Greg

raspberrybloom
13-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you.

I called them, could wait any longer!

gregfindley.com
14-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Just called them, got a 2nd interview, down to me and one other person....Glad I called, and beat them to it :)

Greg

eimanshalash
16-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, I had the interview.

And it seemed really positive up to the point when I told them I could only do 3 days a week!