PDA

View Full Version : B&b

spannabrick
25-01-2007, 11:48 PM
Hiya

I'm new to all this and so far any business ideas I have are only held in my head! But this website and forum are great so I thought I'd give it a try...

...I'd really like to open a B&B/guest house. I've travelled extensively so I know what makes a good place to stay. I have great people skills and would enjoy giving people great hospitality for their money. I'd like to run a place in a modern, young way - avoiding chinse!!

I'm interested in eco-tourism so maybe link it with using profits to provide activities for disadvantaged kids or regenerate an area of natural beauty....?

Funding is tricky - I'm 24 and although I would have a deposit on a mortgage I am freelance (television) so don't have financial security. I do have proof of employment over the last 2.5 years though.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of the tourism industry, setting up a B&B, advice on funding - if it was eco-tourism would financial help be more likely?

Do people think it's a poo idea???

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

ahughes80uk
17-08-2007, 03:44 PM
some one with the same idia as me ! please get in tuch and see if ewe can help each other on this

irishnutter
17-08-2007, 03:53 PM
hi spanna ,

Its a feasible idea , as any is really if you put in the work and commitment to it. I would stay clear of predjuice towards certain nationalities for ex the chinese , i come from a country heightened from predjuice and is not a good line to take.

Setting up a b&b , i have no experience in and wouldnt be of much help sadly, though im am sure if you were to do it in the manner you intend im sure there is tourism grants and local community grants etc available , like the national lottery do.

best of luck with it
dave

to ahughes

I would advise you to brush up on your grammar skills and spelling , sorry to sound like a right nag , but can always be a downfall , i have had to work so hard on similar over the past few months to iron out my northern irish slang lol .

good luck
dave

defuzz
17-08-2007, 06:52 PM
i think it is CHINTZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chintz

that spannabrick is trying to avoid rather than the chinese......

irishnutter
17-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by defuzz
i think it is CHINTZ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chintz

that spannabrick is trying to avoid rather than the chinese......

geez i do apologise :(