PDA

View Full Version : Male/Female Voice Question

cc123
22-01-2007, 05:28 PM
Hello Shell Livewire Friends

I have a question. In my quest to be launch a great new audio fitness range ( some of you may might remember my last endevor) I am interested to know whether you would prefer hearing a male or a female voice on a podcast. The kind of thing you would be hearing would be mainly instructional, but short and sharp - nothing long winded.

I am just intested to know if there is a preference before I sign up Jim 'Bone-Cruncher' Jones from the local Hell's Angels to do the voice over.

thanks

Cameron

kayemdesign
22-01-2007, 05:30 PM
My own preference, a nice sweet sounding your lady (18+ before anyone starts!!!) would do the job for me ;)

Steve

Widgey
22-01-2007, 05:49 PM
In regards to fitness male voice is preferable, but in distant learning circumstances I prefer a female voice.

Dunno why!! :D

Phil
22-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Do both I'd say.

Genesis77
24-01-2007, 01:44 AM
if its fitness related i like to work out with loud hip hop and dancehall music - as i really want to be in the zone to push myself.

I would want a cliche army like voice bellowing instructions at me and telling me not to be a quitter lol. That and hip hop.

I don't know what you have in mind but it sounds very interesting indeed.

JustOneUK
24-01-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by kayemdesign
(18+ before anyone starts!!!) would do the job for me ;)
Steve

I prefer a bit slimmer, size 10 would be fine ;)

James.
:D

kayemdesign
24-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by JustOneUK
I prefer a bit slimmer, size 10 would be fine ;)

James.
:D

LOL!! :)

Swago
24-01-2007, 12:04 PM
As a male I'd probably say a woman's voice.

I always seem to work out harder (show off ) if nice looking women are around.

But its an interesting idea!!

redtiger
24-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Female would be the best choice I'd imagine, a feminine touch on things is fantastic for marketing purposes and appeals to both sexes, while using Masculine can limit the versility (sp?).

Obviously the best way is to be targetted about it - who's your audience, how do they feel and react to different sexes? Alternatively, do both and allow people to choose, see what's the most popular but I'd take a stab and say it'll be the female.

Hope this helps and good luck ;)

Alex

InnoCreate
24-01-2007, 01:00 PM
As swago says when there are some nice women in the gym it does make u work out a bit harder, but i don't like being trained by women - i guess my masculinity feels threatened by it or something lol.
Maybe if it's cardo then a female voice is fine but for weights it's got to be male.

cc123
24-01-2007, 02:08 PM
thanks everyone. definately glad i posted as there is a cross section of replies. i have an idea to use both. watch this space.

cameron

JustOneUK
24-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Is there a problem having both?
I assume you would be doing more than 1 podcast, so you may aswell mix 'n' match.

that said I guess each workout depends on what the workout is about or who it's targeting.

James.