PDA

View Full Version : Not getting any members....help....

cwarwick
15-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Hi,

I've just launched a new site **SNIP**, its yet another cashback site, and I know I'm up against strong competition, but I think that I have a couple of USPs that will make it work, but I'm struggling to attract people to sign up.

The advantages my site has over most of the other cashback sites is that it has Amazon as a merchant which most others don't. I offer a 10 joining bonus which is more than most others. I also offer a 2.50 bonus for any referral that a member makes plus they get 10% of the commission for the people they refer.

But even with all this it seems to be hard to get people to join the site. I thought the 10% commission for referrals would work great as a viral marketing tool as it would basically give you money for nothing.

So does anyone have thoughts on where I might be going wrong? Any ideas to help increase sign-ups?

Cheers
Carl

Widgey
15-01-2007, 06:41 PM
**EDIT**

I did issue a warning, only because when I viewed your past posts they all seem to contain links to sites that you own.

I thought I saw a post from a mod telling you about links in threads, but after going back over the posts again.... I am mistaken.

I have removed the warning but please refrain from posting links in your opening threads in the future. It is ok in response to another members enquiry and it is also ok to add one to your signature.

regards :D

Martin
15-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Calm down Paul old chap! :D lol ... Having checked out the site I believe the post above is true. (Heck I signed up and I seem to be member number 8 ! )

A number of reasons could be to blame for the lack of signs up, but from first impressions here's what I think.

The website needs work, functionally it works fine, but with the design it can be confusing to find out how the site works....

First, lets tackle the main reason about why I would use your site, free money + discounts. I found it hard to find out how to spend my credited money. (Or even how I received it)

This process needs to be spelt out much more clearer!

[Sign up] ---> [Free Money] ---> [Make Purchase] ---> [Find Cash in Post]

I'd put something like that (in picture form) on the index page so straight away the visitor gets the big picture.

I would expand on the merchant details, adding information such as the types of items they sell, and maybe the best selling items for that store. Looking at it now, take this one for example "Westfalia Mail Order"... I have no idea what they sell, but I know I get 5% off. It would take too long for me to check each site, I need it in digest form for quick browsing.

Other than that, I would like to see a brighter site, its a little dark at the moment which doesn't set me alight.

Feel free to get in touch and I'll be happy to help out further.

cwarwick
15-01-2007, 10:23 PM
Thanks Martin, some good advice, this is the sort of feedback I'm after, I understand the issue about the merchant descriptions, I am gradually going through and adding more detail to each one, although its taking a bit of time!

I see what you mean about it being a bit confusing as to how it all works, I guess it was something I missed because I already knew how it worked...some pictures as you suggested are on there way.

Widgey: apologies if this seemed like self promotion, I was genuinely after some advice on where I was going wrong. I've been here for long enough to know that theres zero tolerance for self promo :) I did wonder whether to leave out the link or not as it is linked in my sig, but thought some people might not know what site I was talking about.

Widgey
15-01-2007, 10:46 PM
There's no need to apologise :D

Hope you can get some good suggestions on how to increase member signups.

Also I am one of the people that had signed up on your site before you even posted today!! :D I think your idea is great!! maybe promoting the 10 signup a bit more would help and also maybe reducing the 25 payout to someone more rounded like 20. I know lots of people would sign up for 20.

Also the referring of friends need to be promoted more as well.

Also try making the text slightly bigger in your signature as it's a little too small for comfortable reading (for me anyway) and no doubt you will have some interest from other members clicking on it.

Take care and as I said.... hope it all works out.

teepee
16-01-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm really interested in this but I'm not sure how it works.

How do you earn the cashback from shopping at those online stores? Do you have to access their site via the quidsback site?

Sorry if I'm being a bit dumb but it's not clearly explained.

Tony

Widgey
16-01-2007, 02:11 PM
The terms and conditions page sort of explains it a little further, but as you said, I would like to know how it works in more detail for my ease of mind.

http://quidsback.com/Terms.aspx

cwarwick
16-01-2007, 05:50 PM
I think from the sounds of the feedback I've been getting that this is the biggest problem with the site at the moment, so will be putting up a good description of how it works, but for now:

To earn the cashback you log on to the quidsback website, then find the merchant you want to buy stuff from, either by doing a search, browsing the categories or browsing your favourite merchants (you can add them to your favourites on the merchant info page).

Once you've found where you want to shop just click on the link to go to their website, when you click a link the quidsback website adds a tracking number to the link (this isn't visible to you) so that we can tell how much commission you have earnt, we then get paid the commission from the merchant and it is added to your account, and we get a bit to keep the site running.

Strongbow
16-01-2007, 10:14 PM
Without a vouchers section and free offers section I wouldn't join with you.

10 offer or not, most sections are threadbare - the bingo section has one offer.

Give people cashback, potential free offers (which also make you money) and exclusive discount vouchers for Dixons or wherever you're on the right path. Cashback + discount vouchers must be the future, I've tasted it! - at your rivals!

It honestly has nothing to do with the design, - you just aren't offering any possible reason to go with you. Your commission given are behind Rpoints from the few sites at random I've had a look at - at least match them, if not beat them, for the first few months.

Your affiliate scheme is the same as your customer referal offer as well. Try and seperate the two and you might get important affiliates signed up. Although that will only probably happen anyway by signing up to an affiliate network - not that that should cost a lot.

go4it
16-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Lets say I want to join Pru Health. I sign up via you and get 57.50 cashback. I sign up via a very well known cashback site and get 110 cashback.

I am a user of that site and they have a professional image, I trust that the transactions will track.

Most people now are aware of how tradedoublers etc work. They want all the cashback themselves. It's very difficult to enter the market when the top two offer 100% referral money, and only take an admin cut one time per year.

teepee
17-01-2007, 06:45 PM
I trust that the transactions will track.

I guess that is one of my concerns too but I'm all for giving things a go. So, I've signed up and I'm showing 10 in my account. I bought a DVD through amazon that I was going to buy at some time anyway to see how reliable the service is.

So now how long after a transaction will the 3rd party information update?

I figure if everything works OK I'll give it good feedback and everyone's happy.

The remember me function doesn't seem to work by the way.

Incepto
17-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Well,

I'm new to this kind of thing. Does the money in my account get sent to my bank account when I reach 25.00, or can I spend the money in my Quidsback account from the quidsback site, without it needing to be transferred to my bank?

cwarwick
18-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by teepee
I guess that is one of my concerns too but I'm all for giving things a go. So, I've signed up and I'm showing 10 in my account. I bought a DVD through amazon that I was going to buy at some time anyway to see how reliable the service is.

So now how long after a transaction will the 3rd party information update?

I figure if everything works OK I'll give it good feedback and everyone's happy.

The remember me function doesn't seem to work by the way.
Amazon transactions usually show up a day or 2 after the item was delivered, most of the other merchants transactions will show within a day of the actual transaction. These transactions will stay in the pending status until we receive the money from the merchants, this is usually between 1 - 2 months, once we receive the commission it will be updated to confirmed on your account.

Well,

I'm new to this kind of thing. Does the money in my account get sent to my bank account when I reach 25.00, or can I spend the money in my Quidsback account from the quidsback site, without it needing to be transferred to my bank?
The money in your account will get sent to you when it reaches the minimum threshold that is set in your account settings. This can be sent by Paypal, Cheque or Bank Transfer and is set up in your account settings.

----------------------------

I'm working on the site now to make things clearer and to explain how it all works.

Thanks.

teepee
18-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback Carl.

Sometimes it's difficult to step back a bit and decide what needs to be explained so I hope all the comments help in some way.

Tony