PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan

KieranLeighton
13-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Has any one got a template i can use and any sites to give me some tips on doing them?
Thanks Kieran

meow
14-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Have you telephone your local office they are very helpful?

Got mine from there.

thickchick
14-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Hi Kieran

You can get templates from a no. of sources- your bank, online, your local enterprise agency . We also have a guide: http://www.shell-livewire.org/downloads/busplan.pdf

It is about finding a format that suits you but contains all the relevant info and keep it concise!

Sharon

ThinkManagers
15-12-2006, 01:10 PM
Hi,

If you email me (bhira@bhimalhira-associates.co.uk) and ill send you a business plan template and some info to help getting started.

As mentioned its a good idea to get in touch with your local enterprise agency. They will point you in the right directions.

Play!!
16-12-2006, 10:03 AM
I have a question.

How long should it take to write up a simple business plan? Also, a detailed business plan, from idea in the head stage. My definition of a simple plan is one you can follow yourself or pick up at a later stage to carry on with. A detailed plan would be one good enough to gain investment. Any ideas?

moneyman
16-12-2006, 10:58 AM
you need three plans not one.
1)back of a fag packet pitch. just the idea and how it works.
2)add cashflow, detailed buying and selling prices overheads and other costs and a rundown of the market.
3)the whole file. names numbers etc. research.

natasha
16-12-2006, 05:32 PM
yes i think you need to have different types of business plans for different purposes, just like money man suggested.

Play!!
16-12-2006, 09:10 PM
Sorted. Thanks, that's a help. I think I need a set way to write them. Some sort of structure to the process. It seems to take a long time to come up with a decent number 3 plan. Number 1 and 2 are quick but that third one is the one I'm having problems with. I don't know if I've come up with one I'd be happy for an investor to see. I think I need an example of a plan that has gained investment so I know what's needed. I need a picture in my head of the detail of contents and what a number 3 plan reads like. Does anyone know where I could find an old plan from a company that managed to gain finance?