PDA

View Full Version : Open Question - whats the best order to do things when setting up?

mrclean
26-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi everyone, ive already started my business - got the regsitration documents through and im just getting my logo done - but im not sure if im doing things in the right order.
Whats the best order to do things in after having the idea?
when should i (or should i have done) do market research, write a business plan, get a logo, get a website, get an accountant/lawyer, register the company etc. etc. etc.
Seems like theres soooo many things to do and no one really seems to say in what the 'natural' order of things is...

Grace50
26-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Hi - I think it depends on what type of business you're going into - for example, i want to provide a service - so for the past 6 months I have been testing it out to see if it is viable before i even look at a business plan.
so im researching the idea first to see if it can work. i have found out it can, so now, i am looking at web design/business plan.
it is pointless i think looking into logo design/plans until you know that this business can work by doing the necessary research.
www.startups.com and www.businesslink.gov.uk are very good sites to read through to give you the steps of what to do.
good luck!

Grace

mrclean
26-11-2006, 07:41 PM
So obviously: idea then research. but after that ive found things get complicated - ive found i feel like i need a logo/letter headed paper/registered company in order to be taken seriously by potential suppliers/clients in order to do further research and work out costs/prices/the market. So, not as easy as it seems... (or is that just me?)

Grace50
26-11-2006, 08:10 PM
no, it is not just you at all! it is very confusing indeed! its hard to comment as I'm not sure what line of business you're in? i would really advise you go to the business link website and see if you can speak to your nearest adviser in your area - who might be able to tell you exactly what step is next....

j@crunchmarketing
27-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Congratulations on your first few steps. Feel free to e-mail/ chat to me on msn crunchmarketinguk@hotmail.com
Hopefully I can pass on some of my eh..wisdom.

James

Vickram78
27-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Thought it was just me who wasnt sure what I should be doing next!!

I need to do my research first, but then I dont know if I should be getting others things in place and ready or if I should wait and see what feedback I get from the research. The business I am looking to start is very specific to 1 industry only.
I have started writing a business plan and have registered a domain name for the company, which is only a small cost but it is at least secured if the business can go ahead.

I feel at the moment I am gathering information but not getting very far.

Vicky