PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my products.............

MailOrderCo
19-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Guys

I have been on the forum for a couple of years now, and never really asked what people think of my products, here is one of my happy customer wearing our product
http://www.beconi.co.uk/images/05-08-06_1415.jpg

I have a factory and we make made to measure motorbike leathers, supplying customers worldwide. I do all the designing, development (looking to develop my designing skills more)

More customer pics here http://www.beconi.co.uk/testimonials.htm

Its all done online, which you would think would be a huge problem as its a custom tailor made clothing item, and in 2 years I have only spent a few hundred on google adwords no other adverts.

I think I need to do a lot more marketing, I am going to start promoting a affiliate program for bike related sites to promote our product's soon, and start some small adverts in bike magazines.

Long term though, I think the best option is going to be having our own shops and having big stands at all the bike show's, I have also just started to offer wholesale, with a view to contacing all motorbike shops in the UK to sort some point of sale material out for them, so any customer who can not get a standard set of leathers to fit them,the shop could give us a ring and we will make some to fit the customer, and the shop then earns a heathly profit, as would we.

We also do jackets, trousers, gloves, boots, knee sliders and c.e protection, such as back protectors and the likes.

What do you think ?

MailOrderCo
19-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Just re-read it, its not all done online as such, all the business and marketing is online, the rest is mail order or via telephone, but never actually met a customer. I think all this can be hugely expanded in a face to face shop or unit.

I know there are a couple of shops out there that do there own made to measure leathers, but they have huge waiting times of over 8 weeks,can't do designs like we can and are over double the price of our stuff. We deliver within 4 weeks, are the same price as most normal sized leathers in any bike shop, and use only the highest quality materials and c.e protection.

cc123
19-10-2006, 12:19 PM
Marc

I need to pick your brains about something so im dropping you an email.

cheers

Cameron

MailOrderCo
19-10-2006, 12:22 PM
Hi Cam, no no problem, email away ;-)

Marc

ScottishLad
19-10-2006, 12:49 PM
your products look really good , i think you defenetly have a winning forumla there, i think with some more directed advertising and maybe some press your business could really grow

best of luck with it

MailOrderCo
19-10-2006, 03:49 PM

I will need a banner when I start doing show's, just got to wait until I have the funding for those.

davep
19-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Looks good!! Havent really read you website in much detail, but are you a distributor or do you make the actual product aswell?

If the latter, sell in shops??

impressive stuff!

davep

MailOrderCo
19-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Hi Dave

thanks for the comments, I created the brand and the product's, currently talking with a company in the usa to distribute for us overthere, and possible australia links aswell

Shops is my next avenue, offering them all tailor made leathers for their designer customer or the ones who are a little larger than standard sizes.