PDA

View Full Version : If you could have ANY website....

JustOneUK
17-10-2006, 12:24 PM
If you had the ability/contacts/finances to open any kind of website... what would it be?

one about a subject you are an expert in?
perhaps a shop, search engine, information, youtube copy?

I don't mean it would necessarily be successful otherwise all the answers would be "I would open Google"
but if you could choose any site, what would you go for that would make you happy?

James.

peekaboo
17-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I would have to say Firebox.com.

I love gadgets and it was started by 3 mates in there flat, not ehy turnover I think around 8 million a year, and they still enjoy and have fun!!

Regards
Brett White

futurebobbers
17-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Not a shop, in fact, I don't know if it makes any money, but Wikipedia. Perfect use of the internet.

hoobs
17-10-2006, 03:00 PM
You tube!

integreatmedia
17-10-2006, 06:55 PM
I started to write a post for here - but got half way and thought - hang on this is actually a pretty good idea ;)

...so I might hang fire on posting it here just yet, in case I decide to run with it as a site for myself - sorry guys :D

To give you a teaser though it is an information site that would be of use to all ages.

futurebobbers
17-10-2006, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by dsandy
To give you a teaser though it is an information site that would be of use to all ages. Er, Wikipedia!

integreatmedia
17-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by futurebobbers
Er, Wikipedia!

.......nope! :P

Ian001
17-10-2006, 07:14 PM
To be perfectly honest, if I had unlimited resources I would start an affiliate based site, as this would definately be the most profitable. All you would need to do is spend money on advertising and once you're getting traffic just watch all the money roll in...:D

lplatt
17-10-2006, 07:43 PM
I would have leoburnett.com
I just love the way they have animated it all - I still can't work out how!

JustOneUK
19-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by D4S
To be perfectly honest, if I had unlimited resources I would start an affiliate based site, as this would definately be the most profitable. All you would need to do is spend money on advertising and once you're getting traffic just watch all the money roll in...:D

you mean as a hub for other affiliates,
or a store selling via an affiliate scheme?

I would open a search engine I think, would love to have a play with an algorithm or two :)
OR organise something that could actually compete with DMOZ. (and be equally recognised by Google)

James.

MiniCabby.com
19-10-2006, 08:36 PM
the one we're currently going to have developed :D it'll give us a huge influx of corporate deals.