PDA

View Full Version : Complex Website

picklesmcgherkin
11-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi there,

I've got what I think will be a fairly revolutionary idea (don't we all!!!) but am having trouble deciding where to start with bringing it to fruition.

The whole thing is web-based and while I have a lot of web design experience and a number of relatively complicated sites online, what I'm looking at doing is well beyond my capabilities.

What I want to know is how I can go about discussing the idea with web designers etc. without running the risk of the idea being "nicked".

Can one simply sell an "idea" to a company, or is it best having the product up and running?

moneyman
11-10-2006, 11:28 PM
to quote the economist

"If it's just an idea, it's worth 10,000; if it has a credible management team in place, it might be worth 100,000. On the other hand, if it has sold something for real money to real customers, it could be worth 500,000."

http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7905466

forget too much paranoia. unless it is patentable a decent non disclosure agreement should do.

openmind
12-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I can send you over an NDA if you wish that I would be happy to sign to discuss your project? Give me a shout on contact @ openmindedsolutions.co.uk

picklesmcgherkin
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by moneyman
to quote the economist

"If it's just an idea, it's worth 10,000; if it has a credible management team in place, it might be worth 100,000. On the other hand, if it has sold something for real money to real customers, it could be worth 500,000."

http://www.economist.com/business/displaystory.cfm?story_id=7905466

forget too much paranoia. unless it is patentable a decent non disclosure agreement should do.

Thanks for the response. Interesting stuff. Obviously I'd love to take it further myself than just the "idea" stage.

Might I be able to discuss it with you in your role at AMVC?

What information would you require from me in order to be able to look in to it further ?

Openmind, thanks to you, too. I'll drop you a line.

All the best, gang.

moneyman
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
get in contact via my site and i will give you my phone number

picklesmcgherkin
13-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by moneyman
get in contact via my site and i will give you my phone number

Many thanks. Off on holiday for the weekend (at airport now) but will get in touch when I'm back.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Incepto
13-10-2006, 02:53 PM
oops! i replied to the trong thread, sorry. Hopefully mods can delete this post