PDA

View Full Version : telesales questions

britanya
09-10-2006, 01:46 PM
Hi everyone.
I am looking into having someone do telesales for my web design company.
Does anybody know how I go about doing this....I have someone interested already.
I understand I can pay them on a commision only basis, and therefore give them an agreed % of the sale but what do I do in regards to the they pay for making the calls (ie phone bill)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tanya

Widgey
09-10-2006, 02:45 PM
Advertise on the reed website! they have a selection criteria for homeworkers! if that is what you are looking for!

check here
https://www.reed.co.uk/freecruitment/default.aspx

All the best

Paul

freeform
10-10-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi Tanya,

You might also want to consider - if you're looking at commission only - recruiting sales agents. This is, of course, something you can do yourself, through Reed or with a dedictaed channel like www.agentbase.com

Quality freelance agents will usually have an existing clientele and will be better placed to know if, and when, someone needs a website, than someone calling cold on the phone.

Also, don't just look for tech sales agents - rather look for anyone with an existing portfolio of clients and a large contacts list. For them it's an easy pitch to recommend your business and earn an extra few pounds from an existing client.

Just a thought.

joannemacrae
10-10-2006, 09:29 AM
Hello Tanya

I too run my own design company, which I started only 5 months ago.
The business is going very well and to date I have not really had to do much marketing!

However I have tried out a few things like online lead generators (waste of time and money for me anyway) and I am about to try the services of a company called M.A.D (Marketing and Data) - they are going to do some telesales for me - they were recommened to me by another business so I am going to try their days trial. Of course they do not guarantee sales but they seem pretty confident - I like their style (i.e not pushy in your face sales!)

This may be something worth looking into by you.

good luck!
Joanne