PDA

View Full Version : dragons den

MclearyCycles
17-08-2006, 09:40 PM
hehe is all I can say 45 minutes into it.

gwhaskew
17-08-2006, 11:36 PM
I think it was a bit more interesting this week.

I think the drag's were more interested in certain investments this week. Also the I think Andy Varley is a great addition to the team... he showed in the episode that he was prepared to give a good deal to the investment seeker. I have thought that in some shows the drag's have requested too much.

Rhys
18-08-2006, 10:23 AM
For me it was a show of two halves -

The first few people showed how not to approach business angels and then the last person showed how to do.

I think to secure any funding on the show you need to argue your case and challenge the assumptions of the dragons. But the contestants need to remember that the Dragons will sub-conciously look to keep face if challenged - they would rather pull out of a deal then admit they are wrong.

The first few people were just too confrontational where as the last guy just re-directed the conversation to get his point across - this way the dragons could keep face.

Plus the last guy had the advantage that his product was actually pretty good IMO.

peterleatherland
18-08-2006, 10:47 AM
You need to get two of them interested, then ask them what they can do for you, this always turns it round on them and the entrepreneur becomes the dragon, and they start begging!

kinster
18-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by gwhaskew
I think it was a bit more interesting this week.

I think the drag's were more interested in certain investments this week. Also the I think Andy Varley is a great addition to the team... he showed in the episode that he was prepared to give a good deal to the investment seeker. I have thought that in some shows the drag's have requested too much.

Who is Andy Varley?

Phil
18-08-2006, 03:39 PM
The aussy guy on the left hand side.

kinster
18-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil
The aussy guy on the left hand side.

no, that's Richard Farleigh