PDA

View Full Version : Best Broadband Providers

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
09-08-2006, 03:51 PM
O.K, Wanadoo/Orange are finally getting the boot.

Their IP addresses are blacklisted all over the place and I cannot contact my customers, they will not let me use any other mailserver other than theirs and their customer service is disgusting.

What Broadband providers do you recommend, preferably one that allows the use of another mailserver if required.

(Not got NTL by me)

Thanks for your help

unknown
09-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I use PIPEX, ok so there not the cheapest around, but I have had no problems at all! I get good download speeds and have always managed to connect.

The signup process was completely painless (took about 1 week to connect).

I've never had to contact them for support

davidwilding
09-08-2006, 04:10 PM
FreeNetName are quite good.

Get a free website domain too!

Phil
09-08-2006, 04:42 PM
Pipex use the Hoff in their advertising... if there's any reason to go with an ISP, that's it!

I just started using Tiscali Max which is up to 8mbps with no caps for 18 per month. Pretty good too as I'm managing to get 6.5mbps out of my line which is usually unheard of! When I signed up it did take about a week longer than they estimated to connect me but I wasn't too fussed as I transferred using a MAC code so I never lost connection at all.

Belinda
09-08-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm also with wandoo and I've never had a decent email. They also dont support Outlook and it takes forever to get through to CS.

I was looking at virgin as I don't want to be tied to a contract. Is Pipex or Tiscali on contract?

Belinda
www.chicshops.co.uk

gregfindley.com
09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Phil
Pipex use the Hoff in their advertising... if there's any reason to go with an ISP, that's it!

LOL :D By far the best ad on TV at the moment, have you seen his new single? its on YouTube/Google Video called Jump in my car or something similar

I use NTL but thats only because they price matched another deal I was offered. If I wasn't with them I'd probably be with Pipex, heard good things from friends/colleagues about them,

Greg

Phil
09-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Tiscali is a 12 month contract, but with others that don't have one, you'll either pay a 50 charge to sign up or something like 20 for every month short of 12 months if you cancel early.

I used to use Virgin and got caught out by this. Other than that Virgin was great too but Tiscali have better offers that I haven't seen beaten elsewhere.

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
09-08-2006, 08:29 PM
Still looking but I will probably go with Pipex

Broadband 19.99
Speed Up to 8Mb
Allowance 15gb per month
Free Webspace 150MB
12 month contract
You can use any mail server

Not the cheapest but if they give good service then Im happy to pay.

Thanks for your advice.

HellyB
10-08-2006, 12:13 PM
I've never had a problem with plus.net

calmdesign
10-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I've been with www.freedom2surf.net for 2 years, and have never experienced a single problem, so would recommend them highly.

Coris

Phil
10-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by PromotionalPrint.co.uk
Still looking but I will probably go with Pipex

Broadband 19.99
Speed Up to 8Mb
Allowance 15gb per month
Free Webspace 150MB
12 month contract
You can use any mail server

Not the cheapest but if they give good service then Im happy to pay.

Thanks for your advice.

You can get the same with Tiscali but for 2 quid less and no download limit, and you can use any mail server.

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
10-08-2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks for that Phil, I noticed that and was going to give them a ring today, are they any good?

Phil
10-08-2006, 02:24 PM
To be honest, I've only been with them for 3 weeks now. But in that time they've been excellent with no problems and my line is running at 6.5mbps which is pretty damn good considering I live in a very small town. No idea what their support is like as I've never needed to use it.