PDA

View Full Version : Funding & Advice... Please?!

Bette
27-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi
I've just declared myself unemployed to the Inland Revenue as my previous business was not a success due to problems getting stock. As happy as I am to go out and get a job I am reluctant not to be my own boss.
I have found a gap in the market (within clothing retail), and would like to fill it - But I'm skint after paying off my Prince's Trust Loan.
I estimate it would cost around 6/7K to get started, but I don't know anyone who could lend me this amount. Does anyone know of any reputable places I could get this money (loan/grant)??? My bank isn't keen on lending me money (I don't blame them), so I don't know where else to turn
Thanks

fair-finance.net
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
In a word CDFI or community development finance institutions could be your answer in light of your comments about the banks reluctance to assist you in your venture. To get an idea of just how CDFIs work and where you can find your local organisation visit he web site listed above. If you are not based in the west midlands I am afraid that the members of this consortium would be unable to help but we do provide very user friendly information, try the useful links section and click on the cdfa they have a directory of members and you hopefuly should be able to locate a member. I hope this helps and make sure that you help us to promote the sector that is currently little unknown.

www.accounting-for-business.com
15-11-2006, 04:00 PM
If this doesn't apply, try speaking to your local business link, they know all the latest about funding in your area.