PDA

View Full Version : telephone solutions

mattyk50
24-07-2006, 02:09 PM
i need a telephone number to be put on my website/ advertising material...

however... i cannot use my mobile as i am not available to answer it a lot of the time (and also i feel it looks very unprofessional).

i am also unable to have a 0845 number directly to a landline at the moment.

so im wondering if there are any other solutions out there for me? such as a 0845 number that can be directed straight to a personalised voicemail sort of service, and i can be notified when messages are left for me?

or any other ideas greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Matt

Rachael
24-07-2006, 02:14 PM
Have you thought about using a virtual PA company? www.moneypenny.biz are fantastic!

mattyk50
24-07-2006, 02:16 PM
thanks for the link.

any idea how much these vtual PAs cost?

EVNS Design
24-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Go to www.pickaweb.co.uk and select the virtual numbers link.

This link will enable you to setup a number, then have it diverted to any UK number you like, mobile or landline.

This will prob be your best bet, and the cheapest.

If you need any more advice just ask.

mattyk50
24-07-2006, 02:22 PM
it might be the cheapest yeah.

but it might be worth paying a bit extra to know that someone is going to answer all my calls rather than it going to voicemail.

EVNS Design
24-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Thats right, if your never there to answer your calls then yes it would.

Depends what your budget is.

kinster
24-07-2006, 02:48 PM
use skypein for 20 a year and you can get a virtual 020 (and others) numbers.

I've just signed up with Orange broadband and they give you a free local landline number which you use via the livebox/router/modem.

cheers

MK Printing
24-07-2006, 03:34 PM
I use 9til5. For 25 a month you get a phone number, 50 messages and then 50p for each extra. they answer in your company name and then send you an email about the call.

Nat who runs it is on this forum.

Matt

yourshopping
24-07-2006, 04:23 PM
are there any other reliable and good value for money virtual pa's?

justcarsonline
25-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Another alternative is to use www.quicktele.com I use them, and basically have all my calls sent to voicemail, and then the voicemails are emailled to me in a WAV file. I cna then respond to them as they are received instantly.

TamarTelecommunications
25-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Hi

We can provide local area numbers for any UK town or city (3 a month).

You have online access to an online control panel where you can change where your calls are diverted to instantly. This includes voicemail to email, landlines and mobiles.

From what you have said you will need a number of some sort as you don't want to publish your mobile number. With the local area number you can divert it to the virtual PA and then divert it to yourself in the future as your business grows.

You can also setup timed diverts so that you could use a virtual pa during office hours and then divert the calls to your mobile or voicemail out of hours when the pa may be closed.

Full details available at: http://www.tamartelecommunications.co.uk/telecoms_geographic.php & http://www.tamartelecommunications.co.uk/telecoms_advanced.php

Hope that helps...