PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Martin@DMP
06-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hi there,

I own www.datemyplate.com - a unique UK website. Please take a look.

I'm looking for cost effective marketing solutions and partners, and just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on how to promote the site and reach the 000's of UK Drivers?

Thanks!

Martin

freeform
06-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Apart from some of the more obvious stuff ... SEO, links, press releases, advertising etc... what about some cool bumper and rear window stickers that you give out to singles.

Saying something like ' Find me on datemyplate ....'

cmcridland
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I own a car parking website that's due to be launched on monday barring any last minute delays.

Would be happy to exchange links and there's also the possibility of featuring you in our monthly newsletter as you do have an interesting website.

If interested drop me an email at cmcridland@hotmail.com

I would post my website here but it's lacking the finishing touches so will post you the link to it instead if you email me.

Thanks,

Charles

kinster
06-07-2006, 02:06 PM
is this the same site mentioned on the radio last year?

MK Printing
06-07-2006, 02:09 PM
I would have flyers make and give them out at car shows, car parks, singles events etc. I can do you 5000 mini flyers, full colour front and back on 350gsm silk art card, designed, delivered for 99.

I would also put up posters in clubs, garages, pubs etc. You can get posters printed at just 30 at a time so it mimimises waste and if they don't work then you don't order any more. 30 full colour A3 posters cost 35 delivered, printed on 170gsm silk or gloss.

If you need any help designing or printing these then please email at info@mkprinting.co.uk

I really like the website, it is obvious that quite a few pounds have gone into it.

Aled
06-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Have you done any market research?

Is it usually single young people 18-35 that come to your site?

I know a few ways that you could easily reach thousands of people without having to spend big bucks on the advertisment. e-mail me aled.evans-at-ask4help.co.uk if you want to find out a little more.

Change -at- with @

Play!!
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Pistonheads.com

60,000+ petrolheads

Play!!
06-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Aled
Have you done any market research?

Is it usually single young people 18-35 that come to your site?

I know a few ways that you could easily reach thousands of people without having to spend big bucks on the advertisment. e-mail me aled.evans-at-ask4help.co.uk if you want to find out a little more.

Change -at- with @

Cmon mate, share the knowledge!!

Martin@DMP
06-07-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes it is the site that was on radio.

It was also in some of the Daily National Newspapers - see the press page...

I've got car stickers out there already, it's just about keeping it going and furthering knowledge of the site....

I'll be emailing you about the 18-35's by the way - thanks.

Re: Car Parking site....I could do with talking to you..8-)

Thanks all

Martin

Martin@DMP
06-07-2006, 02:55 PM
MK - thanks for the offer but I have printers sorted already. However we're considering better quality car stickers - could you do these?

Also, Getting posters/flyers done is not the problem - it's getting them put up / delivered...8-(

Cheers.

Spiralling
06-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Have you asked Martin at Full Phat Design about car stickers?

knownothing
07-07-2006, 09:48 AM
i don't drive :( - can i borrow a mate's plate? - i could do with meeting a lady who drives as it might get me around a bit more - wish there was a site called 'findmeafreechauffeur.com'