PDA

View Full Version : might sound silly...

Princess1983
16-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I recently went to a networking/b2b event aimed at women and the amount of people there topped the other events organised by the same people on a regular basis.

This got me thinking...would it be worth organising a networking event like the one I went to on a say monthly basis? Most of the ladies I got chatting to were women who had families and other responsibilites and said the time etc suited them better than other events (networking) ones organised in the area.

And secondly, do I have to be a networking buff to organise such an event?!

Princess

Inzvestor
17-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Hi Princess

Great questions.

You don't need to be a networking buff to set these up.
Passion for getting others together is the only prerequisite, along with a dedicated day each month to attend the functions you organise.
You'll need to be persuasive in order to get peoples buy-in to your ideas, but once the ball is rolling word of mouth takes over and in no time you'll have a string of regulars all recommending others (as long as they like what they attend and feel they gain value from attending regularly)

There is a gap in the market for female only networking events.

Yorkie
17-06-2006, 08:39 PM
Ditto that, I think its its a great idea as my wife who owns a commercial cleaning company as mentioned this lack of b2b over and over again.

TheJoshM
17-06-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm sure either Rachael or Emma could you give you some pointers with regards to the event management if you got stuck.

Good idea though!

Princess1983
17-06-2006, 10:55 PM
Thank you for all ya support people!!! If Rachael or Emma are around (I know their super busy) and can offer me some advise then they can either leave the advise on here on e-mail me on orders@serenegoddess.com

Princess

BrideInBusiness
18-06-2006, 10:13 AM
I went to a women only networking meeting in Basingstoke a couple of weeks ago - I found it fun and really helpful.

It was an idea that had come from a group of women that had been on one the special business link start-up courses for women.

The link is www.basingstokenetworking.co.uk - it may give you an idea of how to move your idea forward.

Princess1983
18-06-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks for that! Just e-mailed them :D

Princess

Rachael
18-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Princess I'll drop you an email tomorrow and we can have a chat about what your looking for.

Rachael :)

Princess1983
18-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Rachael
Princess I'll drop you an email tomorrow and we can have a chat about what your looking for.

Rachael :)

Hi Rachael,

thanks for that. I know ya super busy and all I'm looking for is some hints and tips so did you want me to e-mail ya first?

Princess

Rachael
18-06-2006, 09:43 PM
it's up to you, if you have a list of questions or specific concerns then pop them in a mail and i can hopefully help. don't hold much hope out for a reply tomorrow though as I'm super busy but i'll be as quick as I can!
It's rach(@)rpevents.co.uk (remove brackets)
Rachael

Princess1983
19-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to keep everyone updated with this idea of mine. After a few phone calls, e-mails etc we've got a hotel that is happy to help us with the venue side of things (at a nice price!!) and there more than happy to help with the Speednetwork the nation national event in November. I'm so happy I could cry :D

Oh and the local Mayor loves the idea and can "see a need for a networking group like this", the Princes Trust like the idea and I've got my local BBC on board too.

Thank you to everyone for their support and advise.

Princess

Princess1983
26-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Just an update (sorry for boring people but alot of members have offered help, info etc for this idea). The Hotel in question is offering their venue for Free for the launch/speednetwork the nation event. I can't believe their being so nice but apparently they want to help most local organisations.

Nice :D

Princess

eimanshalash
26-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Lovely to hear this good news Princess!

It's great encouragement as myself and a partner are setting up a new business helping young ethnic minority women to encourage them to set up their own businesses. We have chatted before and I think it would be great to keep in touch with each other's progress.

I'm currently trying to get a pack ready but need the funds for this also trying to develop a workshop but want to get info on setting one up and what training we will need to go ahead with this.

Good luck for the future I'd love to know how you are doing...please keep us updated.
Eiman

emunro (@) loopgames.co.uk

Princess1983
26-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi Eiman,

Thank you for that. Yes do keep in touch. The networking group I am currently working on is for all women-its not a minority based group. Just thought I'd clarify incase of mixed wires.

If you are setting up a group for a minority group you may wish to contact the Fatima group in Leicester as they do something similar. They may have info on funding too.

Princess

eimanshalash
26-07-2006, 04:40 PM
Will do. I have their details as well.

I'll keep you posted with our progress too. It would be great to invite you down to london when we do a presentation. Not sure if you'll be avaliable but can't hurt to ask! :)

Princess1983
26-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by eimanshalash
Will do. I have their details as well.

I'll keep you posted with our progress too. It would be great to invite you down to london when we do a presentation. Not sure if you'll be avaliable but can't hurt to ask! :)

I'd be honoured :D as long as I'm free on the date, count me in. Oh I feel all important now.

Princess