PDA

View Full Version : Thankyou

greenwoods
01-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Just wanted so say thank you to all those that replied to my posting, I have now done some fliers to put up in shops etc and come up with a great idea for getting our gardening business up and running. I have put on my fliers that basically It is cheaper to hire a gardener especially if you have your own garden tools. I am trying to get customers with their own garden equipment but do not have the time to get the garden done, this means to start off with i will not have to fork out loads on garden equipment but just build it up slowly...... Oh I have my first customer of the year a freind wants her lawn cutting and she has a mower.
I hope everyone here is doing ok too, take care all
Steve

damion
01-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Glad to hear you have taken some advice on board. Good luck with your venture and maybe this is a start of many customers.

Damion.

nick.martin
01-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Could I have your email address? I'd be interested to contact you.

Play!!
01-06-2006, 11:16 AM
Your welcome.

Good idea to use the customers equipment. Good thinking. I'm not sure I've heard of anyone doing it that way, which is always good.

Lets hope there's many more customers to come.

kayemdesign
01-06-2006, 11:44 AM
Yeah, stick in there. As you get more work (and money) start investing in some equipment as longer term you will need this to keep going. Best of luck :)

unknown
02-06-2006, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't just rely on customers having their own tools, I would atleast try and buy a few tools of your own, I know money is tight, but you could go to a local boot market, loads of people sell tools for silly prices, so that could be a solution.

when I was helping a friend start his gardening business, it surprised me how many people didn't have basic gardening equipment (hence why they get someone else to do it), so you could be selling yourself short by not having any, just get the basics!

MK Printing
02-06-2006, 10:52 AM
Remeber when you are doing these people's garden there is a great quote from Zig Ziglar that really rings true: "If you do more than you are paid to do, you will be eventually be paid more for what you do!"

Remember to get testimonials and even take pictures of the gargen. Spend every minute until you do the job researching gardening.

Matt

James Smith
02-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Well done Steve - would however echo the comments above about getting some second hand equipment from a car boot sale, or perhaps borrowing it from a relative for a couple of months.

An old small rotary petrol mower would only set you back a few pounds, so long as the blades are kept sharp it will run forever and let you cut quickly without troubling the householder for a plug socket, i.e. you can work when they are out of the house.

As with any service business, do a good, consistent job and just slightly better than you said you would and you should have loads of referrals. Do also ask your customers if they know anyone else who might need some help - you would be surprised how many referrals you can get if you ask nicely once they have got to know you and are happy with your work. “your neighbour mrs X said you have just hurt your back and might need a help keeping your garden tidy" is a brilliant opening line......

Im still waiting for some lads to come round cleaning cars - mines fllthy and needs a better wash than the carwash will do!

ACN
02-06-2006, 12:59 PM
The local dump - sorry recycling depot - can also be a good source of second hand tools. I have picked up some really good - old but built well - spades and forks, a border fork shears etc. many cost around £1 each.

good luck.