PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Site Review (please :)

TheJoshM
12-04-2006, 09:29 PM
Hello,

While I've been reading the Livewire board for just over 2 years now, it's only recently I've started posting. I hope I've been of some help to people already, and that I can answer questions from members in the future.

If you've wondered what it is I do, go have a look at my sig which kind of sums it up.

I've seen many members ask for peoples opinions on there sites, both sites designed by web designers and mere mortals, and the response is normally quite civilized. Despite that I'm genuinely quite nervous about asking for your opinions.

The site which I've currently got up is the product of several revisions, and, while I'm quite happy with it, I think it could still be improved upon.

Anyway, there's only so much I can improve by only using my own judgement so I'd love to get some of your views on it.

The address is: www.corditedesign.co.uk although it will soon be changing to corditemedia.co.uk (within a couple of days)

So what do you think?

Thanks Alot
Josh

DeterminedOne
13-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi Josh, I think the site's fine, it's clean, easy to navigate and does the job. My only comment is that if I was looking for any sort of design service I would expect the website to have a bit more to it and be more 'designed' if you know what I mean? As you don't currently have any examples of work in your portfolio to showcase your skills I think it's essential that your own website portrays what you're capable of....

Laura

zenken
13-04-2006, 10:02 AM
I agree with Laura. I think as she said it needs to have a more of a 'design' feel to it and attack the eye more into reading further as I must admit my eyes were walking all over the place (lol) when I first looked at it.

Apart from that thumbs up from me!

damion
13-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Generally ok. I agree with Laura.

Get some work on there, lets see what you are capable of! I like the name of your company, how did it come about, is it your name?

Kind Regards,

damion.

PS We all have to start somewhere.

TheJoshM
13-04-2006, 03:39 PM
I like the name of your company, how did it come about, is it your name?

No my name isn't Cordite :D
I'm working on two websites at the moment, and a couple of logo designs, one for the "you can get it" website.

I do agree with you about the "design" feel...

I couldn't decide whether to go for a more "businessy/corporate" look, or go for the "creative/design" look.

I might look into using CSS to provide a couple of versions of the site, like on css zen garden.

Have to think about it.

Thanks alot for the comments, anyone else??

syka786
14-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Yey CSS zen garden. I love that site. you should def use CSS because making changes will be much easier. I think you should def go for the creative look nowadays.