PDA

View Full Version : OT - itunes and The Beatles?!

toottoot
11-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Am I going nuts? I can't find any Beatles tracks on itunes? Is there is a reason or I am being thick? I was after the tune Magical Mystery Tour - any ideas? Thanks

Eagle
11-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Nope - they're not licenced to carry Beatles stuff. You're not losing your marbles! In fact there is nowhere you can legally download Beatles music.

Yet

Stationery-Direct.co.uk
11-04-2006, 06:15 PM
No Radiohead either :-(

toottoot
11-04-2006, 07:24 PM
well I will go to the foot of our stairs! I find that so nuts, but thanks for telling me!

onlinkmedia
11-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I can't remember exaclty why (but probably will later tonight!) but I believe its the result of a rift between their publishers and the itunes group - also with downloading becoming so big many publishers are still trying to sort out ownership of digital rights with download stores - so until it's agreed upon, you won't see them in the store...

Martin
11-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by onlinkmedia
I can't remember exaclty why (but probably will later tonight!) but I believe its the result of a rift between their publishers and the itunes group - also with downloading becoming so big many publishers are still trying to sort out ownership of digital rights with download stores - so until it's agreed upon, you won't see them in the store...

I think its to do with the rift between Apple Computers and Apple Corps (A Company setup by The Beatles) over the trademark battle.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3610523.stm

onlinkmedia
11-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Yeh thats the rift (or a major part of it), but as far as I'm aware the bands like radiohead being absent from the store is linked to the lack of digital rights (and possibly other small rifts between bands/publishers and companies)