PDA

View Full Version : Web Designer desperately needed

HellyB
26-03-2006, 06:27 PM
I am in desperate (very desperate) need of a web designer to finish a website... basically, I employed a freelance designer to create me a website and, now over half way through the project he has had to close his business due to ill health and I've been left with a half finished website... in fact, at the moment I've been left with nothing as I'm currently trying to get off him the half finished project... I feel like crying!!!

I had hoped of launching my business next month but this now seems completely unrealistic... i feel like crying again!!

So, what I need to know is how easy/difficult is it going to be to get another designer to finish the website, and what information do I actually need to get from the guy who started designing the site? Plus, are there any web designers out there who fancy finishing the project???

I think I might have to go and drown my sorrow now.

JustOneUK
26-03-2006, 06:39 PM
best you provide some further details, is it databased,? does it have a shopping cart? do you need secure online payments...that type of thing.

Regards
James

HellyB
26-03-2006, 06:44 PM
Good point!

It does not have and does not need a shopping cart or online secure payments.

It is database driven... there should be three different databases all essentially working in the same way: jobs, accommodation and tours. As far as I am aware the job database was pretty much finished. Basically, the other two database pages/functions need to be created and the website generally tided up.... I think (from what I could see the last time I saw the website that was all it needed).

Plus, the website is being built in such a way that I can amend/edit parts of it myself.

RSL
26-03-2006, 07:50 PM
check out www.logodesign77.com - There;s also a thread here full of designers. Thanks

elaborations
27-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Hi HellyB - has the site design been completed?

If so, we can probably have the site finished off fairly quickly in time for your planned launch.

Send me an email natalie @ elaborations . co . uk , we can discuss this in more detail and find out exactly what you need from your previously developer etc to get the site finished off.

Natalie

cmckay
27-03-2006, 11:42 AM
HellyB,

If you still need your site finished drop me a line and we can have a chat.

chris [at] eightmedia.co.uk