PDA

View Full Version : Business idea..opinions please

emraa
18-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Ok, so here is our business idea.

Domestic cleaning service.
But we wanted to be different so we thought why not add pet services!

Let me set the scene:
You are a very busy person. You have 101 things to do.
You hire us.
We come to your home clean it, walk your dog and clean the rabbit hutch.
You come home from a hectic 12 hour shift to find a beautifully clean home, the rabbit clean, happy and fed and the dog asleep, tired from his walk.
All you have to do is relax with your dinner and a glass of wine.

So...opinions/ideas please!!

Play!!
18-03-2006, 12:17 PM
That would make a nice pitch. Good Idea I think.

cmckay
18-03-2006, 12:50 PM
It does sound good, although is it really that different from what other home cleaning businesses would offer?

Do you know of any other businesses locally that offer similar services?

unknown
18-03-2006, 01:04 PM
good plan, but can we TRUST you???

how will YOU solve the trust issue???

natasha
18-03-2006, 09:15 PM
I like it

best wishes

mattley23
18-03-2006, 10:01 PM
I like the idea

davep
19-03-2006, 04:48 PM
Its a good idea... you could go offer one more step, and offer to do the basic shopping as well! I'd love someone to do that for me!

Personally though, I like walking my dog, that why I have him. Walking him is good thinking time!! However you can walk him when it rains!!

Its a good idea... in a way, your offering estate management for the middle classes. There is definately the market there for this... with longer working hours etc... more disposable income.

Go for it, and offer the whole package!!

davep

Klint
19-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by unknown
good plan, but can we TRUST you???

how will YOU solve the trust issue???

Of course, Public Liability insurance will be taken out in case the dog runs riot, annihilates the neighbour's flower bed and eats the kid's socks.

And every employee will be thoroughtly vetted in regards to criminal records, history etc.

It might be an idea to include dog training to the menu, some kind of feng shui interior arrangment option among other things, diversifiying is good in this market, me thinks.

Martin
19-03-2006, 09:12 PM
feng shui !

I love feng shui, move the chair and you'll be happy LOL....

(very bad, I remember seeing that joke on a Billy Conolly DVD :D)

ii3mhz
19-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Have you thought that maybe some people wouldnt like their dogs walked? many people think of them as part of a family so they see it like you taking their 2 year old son/daughter out for the day.

Just my view.

natasha
20-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ii3mhz
Have you thought that maybe some people wouldnt like their dogs walked? many people think of them as part of a family so they see it like you taking their 2 year old son/daughter out for the day.

Just my view.

Yes but would you leave your two year old at home all day whilst your out at work, or would you rather someone pop in to clean your home feed the dog and take them for a walk, if i'm not mistaken dogs need walking more than once a day?

I think emraa's target market is for people who are at work all day.

MrLightyear
20-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Do you throw the wine and or meal of which you spoke, in with the service?

If so. Im sold. except can you make it vodka please?

emraa
20-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Thanks everyone. There is alot there we have to think about...the problem is where do we stop? I really don't want to end up doing other peoples ironing, washing etc. Alot to think about!

Thanks again everyone. Excellent input! :-)

davep
21-03-2006, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by emraa
Thanks everyone. There is alot there we have to think about...the problem is where do we stop? I really don't want to end up doing other peoples ironing, washing etc. Alot to think about!

Thanks again everyone. Excellent input! :-)

Isn't this contradicting your thread opener...

Ok, so here is our business idea.

Domestic cleaning service.
But we wanted to be different so we thought why not add pet services!

... Go for the full service and use this as your USP.

Looking at the response, I think you are onto something!!

Davep

emraa
21-03-2006, 08:13 PM
I HATE ironing with a passion, so I am going to avoid it as much as possible!
If futher research shows it is a wise move to include laundry services then I will have to consider it.
But the wgole reason I want to start a business so that I no longer have to do jobs I hate!

Thanks for the input though!

Emma x

natasha
21-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by emraa
I HATE ironing with a passion, so I am going to avoid it as much as possible!
If futher research shows it is a wise move to include laundry services then I will have to consider it.
But the wgole reason I want to start a business so that I no longer have to do jobs I hate!

Thanks for the input though!

Emma x

You could always out source this task to someone else who loves ironing!?

Adam
21-03-2006, 10:01 PM
You have an idea that coud work.

There are many services like this out there including those that arrange for a plumber and various other tasks.

I think the issue you have is one of trust and if you can overcome that (not sure how) then you might just have a winner.

Word of mouth recommendations will play a big part but I think networking would work well.

eihongshuai
22-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I
how can you solve the trust problem and how can
you guarantee the dogs or cats or other kind of pets wouln't be infected with bacteria and you haven't mistreat their lovely pets . the last one is just for fun.