PDA

View Full Version : How do i persuade the customer to part with the money.

thecarfinders
14-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi

If you're reading this and have any ideas let me know please. I know this is business 101, but this is slightly different.
I set up a vehicle sourcing agency, we search the globe for rare, prestige cars that are hard to find and bring them to the customers door.
If someone wants an american car how do i arrange the money situation? The dealer wont let me leave with a 20,000+ car and the customer wont pay upfront without having assurances. How does the customer now i'll deliver, how do i get around the mistrust issue?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Chris Murphy
chris@thecarfinders.co.uk if u can help

annepink
14-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Not my field Im afraid but I believe it would be something of a 3rd party issued ie Bankers draft where the money is provided up fornt but only released on receipt!! Business Link or your local chamber will have a resident expert

Pip Martin
15-03-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi Chris,

Hmm, Anne's advice is good.

You could also consider some form of legal document that binds you to the customer to make them comfortable with releasing the money. This document could have certain caveats inserted (eg what happens in the case of a car withdrawing from sale).

To my mind, it would make sense to have such caveats weighted in favour of the customer if possible.

Naturally you must be prepared to act on all the terms and conditions stipulated in this document.

The added advantage to such a doc is that it shows you have both thought through and are familiar with the process (and co's like to see this).

Apologies if you already have such a doc. Otherwise I hope this is helpful.

Pip Martin