PDA

View Full Version : I know you want to help me

cc123
03-03-2006, 04:23 PM
find a good simple script that I can put ono my site sos people can comment or rate the workouts. is thihs easy to implement? cusomisable?

help please shell livewire people

Martin
03-03-2006, 04:27 PM
You can use a simple comment script like this one

http://absoft-my.com/pondok/commenter.php

kayemdesign
03-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey Cam, best remove this line from your site

"Please click our sponsor - that way the content stays free!"

I got kicked off of google adsense when I ran my blog for last years london marathon. Trying to raise an extra few quid for my cause I put something similar like "click on an ad below to help raise sponsorship" - lines like that contravene their t+c's.

Just a heads up mate.

Really nice looking site btw, so much content on there. Have you considered adding a foum so people can discuss the workouts in more detail, rather than just a rate this workout widget?

Cheers

Steve

cc123
03-03-2006, 05:01 PM
really?
hmm thats a bit typically google. thanks for the headsup
oh well im currently totally remaking the site from scratch. and its much muhc better than the current one.

There are a few things that I am considering on the site and a forum is one.

does anyone here use movable type? is it any good for my purposes?

thanks

cc123
03-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Martin
You can use a simple comment script like this one

http://absoft-my.com/pondok/commenter.php

nice one ;)

JustOneUK
03-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by cc123
really?
hmm thats a bit typically google. thanks for the headsup

what is typical about it? you are operating click fraud on your site by asking people to click ads they are not necessarily interested in - thus stealing from the advertisers.

You should read the google Terms of service prior to entering into an agreement with them, there is nothing typical here apart from someone trying to boost their income with click fraud.

and it is still there.............