PDA

View Full Version : o/t anyone feeling the cold?

sarahpatience
03-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Struggling to get warm here today, here's the view out my window right now http://www.saronyxdesign.co.uk/highfield0303.jpg brrrr!!! Can you spot the road? Don't seem to be any gritters about today! Anyone else snowed in? Haven't seen snow like this in a good while. About to dig out my wellies and set off down the hill to the bank and post offfice, may have to buy a sledge on the way!

Martin
03-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Wow check that out!

Seems to be snowing everywhere but here (south east)lately, it tried yesterday for a short while.

It's actually a nice bright "sunny" (kind of) morning here with blue sky and a slight chill in the air.

Copywriter
03-03-2006, 10:38 AM
It has just started here (West Lothian!). Ah well, an excuse not to go for that run I was planning, I suppose!

Amber

Rachael
03-03-2006, 10:41 AM
The snow has melted down here but its still sooo cold!! Therefore we are left with huge patches of ICE on the roads which is not good.

I hate the cold - I was born in the wrong place!!

Pic of the snow in Newport > http://rachaelphillips.co.uk/snow.htm

damion
03-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Unbelievable we haven't really had any snow here. Not like that anyway. Wow! It's blue sky and sunny but very bitter cold. Can't believe that snow, where are you again?

ii3mhz
03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
where abouts are you in south east Martin? I'm in Gravesend and its meant to snow quite badly here at around 3PM

openmind
03-03-2006, 11:01 AM
it's lurvly up here....

just to prove it, here's the dog sunbathing....

http://www.openmindhosting.co.uk/milly.jpg

sarahpatience
03-03-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm in Inverness Damion, and more snow to come apparently, fun fun!

Phil - Barney's wondering if Milly would be up for a date sometime? http://www.saronyxdesign.co.uk/barney.jpg

openmind
03-03-2006, 11:17 AM
wahey... another nutty spaniel ;)

just showed milly and she went all coy so barney maybe in luck....

aplogies for the lack of capitals, my shift key as died on the old keyboard... sigh

Martin
03-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by ii3mhz
where abouts are you in south east Martin? I'm in Gravesend and its meant to snow quite badly here at around 3PM

Hi, I'm in Luton...

The weather report says, a mix of cloud and sun with a slight chance of showers for this afternoon. (You would'nt believe it looking outside tho) And tonight a mix of cloudy and clear skies with a slight chance of flurries.

Much like yesterday, we had one flurry for 10mins and that was it really. Was pretty nippy tho...

creacom
03-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Sarah,

As we are only 20miles away from you in Invergordon, its pretty much the same. We are right next to the sea but we still have about 8cm of snow and more on the way.....!

Seemingly there is a shortage of sledges at the moment ! They said on the radio this morning that you cant find them anywhere....so if anyone manufactures them on here - send them up to the Highlands !!! :D

Jacqui

ECI
03-03-2006, 12:47 PM
Aberdeen is amazing.

Just short of a foot has fallen since Tuesday! right down to sea level.

Last night 3 inches fell in 2 hours! Roads were great fun to drive on.

Seems we have the worst of it here!

Will get a pic on soon.

stu

sarahpatience
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Heard Aberdeen had got it pretty bad, more to come too they're saying. Nice to look at but not much fun if you have to get somewhere. Listening to the radio this morning as they read out the names of all the schools that were shut, brought back memories!

Bugsy
03-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Im in the City and the weather is cracking! i just went to lunch with no jacket.

Aint it strange different places different weather

Over and Out!

Widgey
03-03-2006, 01:17 PM
Sunny down in the southwest!! Not exactly 'No Jacket' weather though!!

natasha
03-03-2006, 01:23 PM
Thats a lovely picture sarah!

The kids want it to snow but there's no sign of snow here in east london. There was a bit last week but it was soon gone.
Quite sunny here at the mo, although its still cold

damion
03-03-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok no sun or blue sky anymore...
... lots of snow here now, a full sky of snow. WAHEY! I love the snow. ;)

butterflysmile
03-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Beautiful day here in Bristol, I can't see a cloud in the sky!

It's the sort of day you want to wrap up warm and go for a lovely long walk.

Emma

bcrazy
03-03-2006, 02:12 PM
It's freezing here in Southampton - i'm trying get myself on a 30 min run each day but it's so hard to leave the warm house for the bitter cold !

Cheers,

Dan