PDA

View Full Version : Logo design

shamrocker
01-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Hi all,

I'm on a begging mission. I run a golf professional shop and service at a local golf club and also get very involved in the marketing side of the club. I've built the club's website and am currently designing a brochure in photoshop. Unfortunately the only image file I can get of the club's crest is nothing special. I'm hoping someone with logo design skills will do a deal with me to touch the crest up so that it is better suited for print and embroidery. In exchange I will place a link to your website at the bottom of every page of our website for a period of time to be agreed between us. I would be happy to draw up some sort of agreement to ensure I hold to my side of the bargain. Please email me to shane.at.rightgolf.dot.co.dot.uk and I will email you the current crest and a link to our current web site.

cc123
01-03-2006, 11:55 AM
It isnt that expensive to get a good logo done by a pro.

Mark at Eagle Imagery just redid mine and it was well worth the money. http://www.eagleimagery.co.uk

Check him out - he is good with crest and that sort of thing - and very fast turnaround

shamrocker
01-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Unfortunately it's a difficult and time consuming process to get the club to agree to spend money on a professionally designed crest - as it's got to be proposed and discussed via the committee. The existing crest is good enough for certain things that have been done in the past, like embroidery, but I want to take the club's marketing strategy a step further and make it more professional. I've always got the second option of asking the club and I have no doubt they will agree, but I'm perfectly happy to go down this route if it works as it'll be a much faster way to get the crest sorted. I also feel it's not a lot of work for someone as the crest outline is provided and a link to their web site will be put in front of a fairly affluent market, many of whom have businesses themselves and are often looking for design work. So, money is not the issue here, it's convenience - whether this is the right or wrong way to got about it is open to debate.

davidwilding
01-03-2006, 01:06 PM
Shane,
You'v got mail!

shamrocker
01-03-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by cc123
It isnt that expensive to get a good logo done by a pro.

Mark at Eagle Imagery just redid mine and it was well worth the money. http://www.eagleimagery.co.uk

Check him out - he is good with crest and that sort of thing - and very fast turnaround

PS. Yes, Eagle has been a member of these boards for a long while now and has had many positive comments regarding the standard of his work. Having looked through his site, I certainly would go to him for a quote should I need it later on.

Thanks again.

Eagle
03-03-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by cc123 Ahh! It was you! (the penny drops!) ;)

cc123
03-03-2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Eagle
Ahh! It was you! (the penny drops!) ;)

you only just figured that out?