PDA

View Full Version : Supplier dealings!!

LozzaBaby
11-03-2003, 01:36 PM
OK

So I am now ready to start increasing my catalogue of products for my store which I am going to set up online, fair enough!!

The next question is about suppliers:

How do I go about talking to suppliers, I know I will probably have to pay cash up front (Preforma??) fair enough, but once I have purchased some stock, what rights do they have? Can they say I am selling to high/low, can I use their Logo etc etc

Also what rights do I have as a seller???

And most importantly how do I convince them I am a serious person!!! And I mean business!!!

elena
11-03-2003, 02:32 PM
You need to write a list of questions and ask the suppliers. Some will be more flexible than others.

When you first start trading they will most probably expect you to be pay upfront but they want your biz too so this all changes. Get to know your reps as they are really up on whats going on on your industry.

Dont be scared to ask for special offers, deals etc. You will be amazed at what the suppliers will do to help you. After all if you achieve they will too.

Logos and images you will need to speak with their marketing dept. And also remember to go out of your way to be helpful to the telephonists when you place your orders. If you have a joke and a laugh with the telephonists they will get to know you and really help you out when you need items urgently.

Go For it ! and let us all know how you get on.
Try to get sale or return, or reductions at end of seasons etc if this applies to your company. When you start out your suppliers are very important after all if they dont assist you are stuck.

Elena
www.oohlalaa.com