PDA

View Full Version : Beermat Entrepreneur

kinster
16-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Anyone following the way Beermat Entrepreneur does in setting up businesses?

shane74
16-02-2006, 10:47 PM
eh?

lamont
16-02-2006, 10:47 PM
is it just me ordoes that sentence not make any sense

InnoCreate
16-02-2006, 11:54 PM
I think he's asking if anyone runs their business according to the beer mat Entrepreneur.
I don't but i read the book and picked some good tips up!

kinster
17-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by InnoCreate
I think he's asking if anyone runs their business according to the beer mat Entrepreneur.
I don't but i read the book and picked some good tips up!

yeah, sorry, that's what I meant... bit tired...

shane74
17-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Sorry for my ignorance but what the diddly is a beer mat entrepreneur?

sfletcher
17-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Mike Southon is THE Beermat Entrepreneur - he co-wrote with Chris West the Beermat Entrepreneur, Sales on a Beermat, the Boardroom Entrepreneur, Finance on a Beermat and I'm sure they've just bought out another - http://mikesouthon.com/ for more info

James Smith
17-02-2006, 10:17 AM
BME is an interesting book, but it is pitched at quite a high level in terms of attainment, ie at people who are aiming to grow into at least a medium sized firm (50+ employees). The book mainly concerns building a team rather than the nuts and bolts of how to actually plan and go about businesses.

The vast majority of businesses are an awful lot smaller than that, and IMO most people are actually happy to have a smaller business. One of the reasons I set up on my own was so I wasn’t running (albeit for someone else) a business of this size or larger.

If you are aiming for an empire then do read it, its actually a very short book and might give you some ideas.