PDA

View Full Version : Flyers

stoop_uk
29-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Hi folks..

I got 500 flyers printed up (nothing fancy, just a rundown of what I do), and my girlfriend and I spent a couple of hours putting them out in the local area on car's windshields.

What do you think of this kind of advertising? Worthwhile or not?

Cheers.
Stew

Rachael
29-01-2006, 06:19 PM
i personally HATE people who put flyers on my windscreen - it litterally bugs me to the point that I feel like going insane!!

Plus they end up blowing all over the place and make the place look untidy!!

However, if you were to hand them to people they have the option of saying No. Or post them through peoples letter boxes...

TheChillPill
29-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Just looked at your website, and holy cow! - you need to do something about your prices me thinks.

Your 'printer pack' for 120 is about double what someone will pay for the same thing at ebuyer.

stoop_uk
29-01-2006, 06:39 PM
That includes an extra set of ink cartridges as well - but I think I may take that printer off anyway - it's not the best..

peekaboo
29-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi Stewart,

Did you get my reply to your email?

Regards
Brett White

TheChillPill
29-01-2006, 06:44 PM
I noticed the spare set of cartridges, but in fairness thats only about a fiver in value (unless they are genuine epsons - but that would be foolish ;-)

Nothing wrong with the printer though - I've got one (and an R300) and they are excellent.

If you want to make a decent profit on printers, get down to Makro and pick up a few Lexmark X7170's for 79.99. They are going for near enough 200 everywhere else.

visagephoto
29-01-2006, 06:47 PM
I would be reluctant to purchase a system from a company who could only be contacted via email or a mobile number.

No landline or postal address?

Alan

stoop_uk
29-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Brett - yes, I did get your email. Thanks for getting back to me. I'm currently mapping out what exactly I need, because, let's face it, my website is a travesty! I shall be in touch this week..

ChillPill - Yes, they were genuine epsons - and good tip about the lexmarks, cheers! (dunno if I'd like to support a company which just pulled out of Scotland though)..

stoop_uk
29-01-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by visagephoto
I would be reluctant to purchase a system from a company who could only be contacted via email or a mobile number.

No landline or postal address?

Alan

Trouble with that is, with not enough money at the moment to fund premises, I'm working from home. Still living with the parents too, and they're not that keen on having the home phone number publicised, or for that matter, our address..

I am, however, open to suggestions..

Sherry_D
29-01-2006, 07:22 PM
you may want to consider renting an address from people like these. Its a proper address not a PO Box number

http://www.mbe.uk.com

You can aslo use a company like www.alldaypa.com

They will answer your call in your name and its all pay as you go. You will need 20 activation fee. They will also provide you with a free 0845 or you can choose regional ones. I use alldaypa and would recommend them as there are no monthly fees to pay unlike most other virtual assistance and service is 24/7. So if you dont receive any calls you pay nothing

This will make it more profesional

You can also make your signature here hyperlinked so that if anyone is interested in your products here they can go straight your site.

visagephoto
29-01-2006, 07:26 PM
It may be worthwhile getting an additional phone line at home solely for business use. It may give potential clients some confidence in buying from you, and the monthly rental should be reasonable.

You will have to give customers a return address, should they find it neccessary to return defective or unwanted goods.

Is it not a legal requirement that you should display a company address on your website & all reciepts, invoices & delivery notes.

Would it not be worth looking at a virtual address, I'm not sure of the cost ,or if they would accept large parcels (i.e. returned computer systems) on your behalf.

alan

Belinda
29-01-2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by stoop_uk
Trouble with that is, with not enough money at the moment to fund premises, I'm working from home. Still living with the parents too, and they're not that keen on having the home phone number publicised, or for that matter, our address..

I am, however, open to suggestions..

I'm in between 2 properties so I use an 0845 from www.encoded.co.uk and have it diverted to my mobile. They gave me a code so I know when a customer is calling that 0845 and when its a personal call. This costs me 10pcm + calls.

Worth it for the professional look IMO.

Cheers,
Belinda
www.pinkenvy.co.uk

Sherry_D
29-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Just my other 2pence. I have been on your website.I am sure you know how competive that market is. In my opinion i think you need to work more on your site first and make it a proper e-commerce if you are going to do most of your sales online. Showing prices in pdf and without any picture doesnt really sell. Remember sometimes people just do impulse buying. You can have a proper e-commerce site without spending a fortune but i think thats where to work on first. Your shop is looking very empty at the moment

crkian
29-01-2006, 08:57 PM
If you need any trade supplier names just ask. I agree about the shop being a bit empty.

stoop_uk
29-01-2006, 09:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who has offered comments so far - they are all being taken on board. I'm currently looking for an 0845 solution - I remember reading here that someone on the forums can provide one, but can't find the thread!

Chris - if you could provide me with some leads, I'd appreciate it.. I only have a handful of trade suppliers..

Of course, if anyone else has any pointers or comments (good or bad!), I'll gladly take them on board. You're all WAY more experienced than I at this!

stoop_uk
30-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Currently working on the content of the online shop... is it looking better than it was?

Also, who on the forum was doing 0845 numbers?

Cheers!
Stew