PDA

View Full Version : eBay Query

clayts
20-01-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry to disturb you all... I have just sold something on eBay and I said everywhere that its a UK post item only. Then some chump wins at the last minute and has a Dutch address and wants me to send to Nigeria.... all I have is frustration!

What do I do now? I am new to selling on eBay and this is SO annoying. Do I give this guy a chance to send payment first or do I just cut my losses now and try and see if the next highest bidder was interested? The guy only won like 20 mins ago and has already asked me to send to Nigeria, cos he is currently in the US but has a Dutch address etc.

SO ANNOYED!

Chris

Jon123
20-01-2006, 05:14 PM
For some reason there is a problem with nigerians bidding on phones i believe they are trying to commit fraud. were you selling a mobile phone by any chance?

You can claim the selling fee back. type your problem in ebay help and they should have a solution.

Jon

clayts
20-01-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks... it was a camcorder... its such a pain in the ass!

crkian
20-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Sounds a bit dodgy to me, I would politely email him and say that you are not in a position to send to Nigeria and offer it as a second chance offer. Also et ebay know as you may get a slight refund on the final evaluation fee.

clayts
20-01-2006, 05:18 PM
OK... thats what I am going to do... cheers guys! Ihave had this camera lieing around and just want to get rid of it but not for free!! Ha ha!

openmind
20-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by crkian
Sounds a bit dodgy to me, I would politely email him and say that you are not in a position to send to Nigeria and offer it as a second chance offer. Also et ebay know as you may get a slight refund on the final evaluation fee.

Saved me typing it out ;)

Exactly what I would do as well...

Play!!
20-01-2006, 05:20 PM
haha, just a bit?

Report it to ebay, notify the buyer its UK only, so sadly you cant sell it to them, relist it.

Play!!
20-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Its only 3p to list stuff now instead of 5p but they have moved that loss over to the fees you encure when something is sold < Just some info for the ones who havnt heard while im here.

urban1
20-01-2006, 05:26 PM
It is probably definitely a scam. These are very common on mobiles and electronics. You only have to look at the eBay community questions and answers board to see how common this is. You will be able to cancel the transaction.

The way this usually works is you are given a complex story about someones birthday and that they are not in the country and want to send as a gift. This is all to try and build trust. You then send the item prior to payment, usually they send a fake escrow or pay-pal email. They get the item and you get nothing.

If you need to know what to do the questions and answers board on eBay should have the answers.

clayts
20-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Thats exactly what it was... his wifes birthday... well sorry love! Cheers everyone!

emmalr
20-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I had something similar about two years ago. I was selling a high value camera and said 'UK bidders only'. At the last minute a French guy won the payment and wanted it shipped to somewhere in Asia.

The big thing was that we was determined to get me to give my bank details to him so he could do a direct payment. Not so easily fooled though...

Eventually I got him to send me the cash direct through one of these foreign exchange things... then I sent him the camera (plus I made him pay for the extra time to pack it and ship it abroad).