£1,000 Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards (April 2014)
Closing Date: 30th Apr 2014
We currently have up to 4 x £1,000 Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards to give away each month to new businesses in the UK (in their first 12 months of trading).
- Do you live in the UK?
- Are you (and all business partners) still aged 16-30 (inclusive) on the last day of the month you are applying?
- Have you been trading for less than 12 months, or are you a pre-start that is 3 months (maximum) away from starting to trade? (Our definition of trading is classed as the date you first receive payment for goods or services)
If the answer to all the above is yes, you are eligible and should read on! However, please do the following before you apply as it will help you write a successful entry:
- Download and read through the Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards Scoring Criteria.
- Download and read the Shell LiveWIRE Awards Process.
- Read the text below on what the award can be used for, plus the Terms and Conditions.
The Judging Process
- Each month, we award (up to) 4 prizes of £1,000 to young entrepreneurs with the most innovative business ideas. This could be an innovative product or an innovative business process, e.g. an unusual marketing campaign.
- Items NOT eligible for the Shell LiveWIRE Grand Ideas Awards include (but are not limited to): a new laptop/PC or new equipment/capital items (unless for a specific purpose directly related to the business), your rent, wages/staff costs and stock.
- At the end of each month, 10 shortlisted entrants are asked to submit an 'elevator pitch video' (max 1 min long) to go up for a public online vote. You can use a webcam, phone, video camera, camera, etc to film your video and previous examples can be seen in our Video Lounge. In normal circumstances videos must be submitted by the end of the second week of the month and failure to meet the deadline will lead to disqualification.
- Whilst the online voting takes place, a panel of independent judges score the shortlisted entries based on the information supplied in the original online application forms.
- The judges' scores are combined with the online vote.
- The businesses are then ranked on score with the top four automatically winning the funding in normal circumstances. This may be subject to pro rata if 10 businesses are not shortlisted.
- Prizes are awarded approximately one month after candidates are named in the shortlist (i.e. those who apply for December awards will be notified that they are on the shortilst the first week of January, and the winners will be announced four weeks later)
- Once the awards have been announced, all videos are then moved into our Video Lounge. Winners' videos may also be uploaded to our YouTube channel.